Page 3 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

mec011
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jun 2005, 11:55 am

There was a great segment like this on the NPR show This American Life, where a fellow asks people whether they would rather have the powers of Invisibility or Flight. It really is wild how much it reveals about oneself and how hard a decision it really is...

If you want to listen to it, they archive it on the site, thisamericanlife.com , and it was the first or second segment of the 2/23/01 show, called Superpowers...

BTW, I've no doubt I would chose Invisibility....

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2005, 7:45 pm

The ability to manipulate the time-space continuum.
How about a tesseract?
Maybe be like the Traveler on Star Trek NG. Go backward, forward, in, out.
Way cool.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2005, 11:53 pm

I'm not sure I've heard of "the NPR show This American Life", but I have heard of that Invisibility or Flight thing, as a way of revealing personality stuff...

I'd choose flight of course, since I've always wanted to be able to fly ever since I was a kid. I remember when I was little I always used to rent that movie "The Boy who could Fly", just because of the title, even though the film was about some Autistic kid, and not quite the Superman epic I was expecting.

Of course keep in mind that invisibility is only really useful when you are with other people (or animals, I spose). Flight is useful ALL the time! : :D

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2005, 7:03 pm

But if you're invisible, you can get away with lots of things. I'd run around wearing nothing but socks and shoes. Nudity. Invisibility still doesn't beat instant sexual attraction eye rays.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2005, 7:59 am

But if you can fly, you can fly over pigeons and seagulls, and crap on THEM- just like in that Red Bull ad. :lol:

synx13
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jun 2005, 4:43 pm

I'd probably go with shapeshifting too. I would like to find out what it's like to be, in many different shapes.

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2005, 5:47 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alex
Developer
Developer

10 Jun 2005, 6:17 pm

mec011 wrote:
There was a great segment like this on the NPR show This American Life, where a fellow asks people whether they would rather have the powers of Invisibility or Flight. It really is wild how much it reveals about oneself and how hard a decision it really is...

If you want to listen to it, they archive it on the site, thisamericanlife.com , and it was the first or second segment of the 2/23/01 show, called Superpowers...

BTW, I've no doubt I would chose Invisibility....

That was a totally awesome segment. Thanks for spreading the word!! !! !! !

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2005, 5:16 am

I would have a Golf Club of head exploding. Besides that I'd just have the ability to kill people and then nobody cares and they just step over the corpse, and i would use this power to only kill stupid people.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 6:00 am

Mockingbird wrote:
vetivert wrote:
and it's telekinesis, mockingbird - cool!

Yeah, That!! ! :lol:

That information can be obtained by decuctive reasoning usually, and reveals that most people have nothing in their mind. :lol:

Right now, I could use the Jedi Mind Trick and Force Choke! :twisted:

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 7:10 am

If I was gonna go for a Jedi power, it would have to be the one where you jump impossibly high for as long as you hold down the spacebar, and then land without injury.

That would be awesome for crossing busy roads!

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2005, 10:15 pm

If we're talking Jedi powers, nothing can beat lightning coming out of your hands. Well, except for maybe plastic and probably a few other things (like rubber). But other than that, bzzt....hahahaha.... :roll:

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2005, 1:35 am

Lighning would be cool too, but it lacks the subtlety and satisfaction of Force Choke. :lol: Plus, Force Choke can be refined into Force Crush and Force Throw. :twisted:

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2005, 1:15 am

Force lightning can be "refined" into force thunderstorm and force hurricane. :roll:

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2005, 11:07 am

[DELETED]

Last edited by GalileoAce on 02 Apr 2006, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2005, 3:22 pm

Okay since we've done superpowers and force powers now, how about Care Bear powers?

Keep in mind you have to have the symbol stuck to your chest, so try and pick one that looks cool too!