What are you supposed to be doing instead of WP?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 6:14 pm

I'm supposed to be doing

- homework
- reading the driver's manual
- more homework

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 7:27 pm

You're catching onto me!! 8O 8O
I'm not supposed to be doing homework. :shrug:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 7:51 pm

Right now nothing. But often homework or sleeping. I don't stay awake to post, but post when I can't sleep.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 7:54 pm

House work, and grocery shopping. Though I am also still trying to shake a cold/bronchitis, so this once I kinda have an excuse, to do sumpin restful instead.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 12:07 pm

Schoolwork. I should be writing a "reflection paper" for my psychology class, but I'm hanging out here and on Tumblr :oops:

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 12:25 pm

Selling my f*****g soul to ebay trying to get rid of this ridiculous Michael Kors handbag worth £1200. Why anyone would want a handbag for this price is beyond me but this is the current auction price like everywhere. -_-

XeroFur
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2017, 12:25 am

I'm supposed to be in bed, yet I'm staying up and searching around the web instead...

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 2:41 pm

Lunella wrote:
Selling my f*****g soul to ebay trying to get rid of this ridiculous Michael Kors handbag worth £1200. Why anyone would want a handbag for this price is beyond me but this is the current auction price like everywhere. -_-

Did you somehow obtain this bag through some stroke of luck and are now making a nice profit? If so, kudos! :)
I've recently disovered the joy of buying second-hand designer/brand name clothing. There is a weird satisfaction to be had from buying their stuff for next to nothing, and wearing them like everyday clothing. So far I've bought a £650 leather jacket for £160, and a £180 leather belt for £18. Good times!

as for OT, currently buying second-hand trousers instead of doing much needed cleaning.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 7:59 pm

Reading about Chinese fish genetics.

There Are Four Lights!

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 5:06 am

Eating breakfast. (But hey, nobody else is up yet!)

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 6:43 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Lunella wrote:

Did you somehow obtain this bag through some stroke of luck and are now making a nice profit? If so, kudos! :)
I've recently disovered the joy of buying second-hand designer/brand name clothing. There is a weird satisfaction to be had from buying their stuff for next to nothing, and wearing them like everyday clothing. So far I've bought a £650 leather jacket for £160, and a £180 leather belt for £18. Good times!

Yeah that's exactly what I do, buy second hand where people don't know the real value of things they're selling and then spin it around for massive profits. It's fun. :D Some people say it's not a nice thing to do but it's their own stupid fault for not checking prices of things before selling.

And yep, I'm sat here in a velvet bath robe I got for £5 which had never been worn xD Clearly someone didn't know what real velvet is worth bahaha.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 1:42 pm

At the moment I'm more of a buyer than a seller, but seeing as my current project is rebuilding my wardrobe with a more stylish and somewhat dressier look, the online second-hand sources I frequent have been absolute gold. My current order contains 4 trousers and one silk shirt, the total cost of which, including shipping, will be about half the price of one new pair of jeans, with a 14 day return policy for anything that doesn't fit.

I have a co-worker who's really into the whole buying-reselling thing. Her specialty is porcelain and tableware of various kinds. Just the other day she sold a (rather ugly) decorative lamp at an online auktion for £370. I can't recall what she paid for it, but the profit marigin was several hundred percent.

I wouldn't mind getting into it, it seems both fun and profitable. I'm guessing having a niche pays of, so you know what to look for in detail. It's the sort of thing I'd imagine aspies would have an edge in. Then again, my niche would probably be knives and sharp objects, and I'd probably end up keeping them all...

As for mean, I don't see it. I mean, it would be mean to track down the original owner and taunt them with the profit you made or something, but it's not like you cheat them by paying their asking price for something you suspect you can re-sell for more. Granted, in some cases it's less of a gamble than in others, but still...

Apologies to OP for OT.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 2:09 pm

I usually am on here or frequently on here during school time. So I guess school work.:lol:

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 2:23 pm

Corny wrote:
I usually am on here or frequently on here during school time. So I guess school work.:lol:

I try to not do that because I know my school can monitor my internet activity at time. But sometimes I do give in.