Why are dads advertised as being against their daughters dat

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 12:41 am

Why are dads commonly advertised as being against their daughters dating, but apparently having no problem with their sons dating? Isn't this a bit sexist?

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 1:11 am

Yes, it is sexist, but it's also because the dads remember what kinds of things they were thinking as young men and would rather their daughter not be the object of such thoughts. I always hated meeting girls' fathers (not like I had to do it all that often, but still).

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 May 2017, 1:45 am

I think it's because women are thought to be more vulnerable than men. Men tend to be more protective of women in general. Women are more likely to get raped & used just for sex. It's also because women get pregnant & are forced to deal with the consequences more than guys do.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

roger199
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 May 2017, 5:02 am

Nature is very sexist .Females in most species are supposed to be the discerning sex having the pivotal reproductive set up .Could be viewed as giving them creative license over evolution.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 5:10 am

NewTime wrote:
Why are dads commonly advertised as being against their daughters dating, but apparently having no problem with their sons dating? Isn't this a bit sexist?

Yes, it's sexist. This was touched on in an episode of the "The George Lopez Show". Thankfully, my father was never like that.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 8:38 am

my father was always misunderstood by my male dates. he is a quiet and serious guy, but not against or concerned about my dating choices. funny thing, though, my female dates never had such assumptions about him.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 10:38 am

Because of the same reason that some men don't think women should be fighting in wars and it's all nonsense.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 10:53 am

Because dads are supposed to always see their daughter as "their little girl", someone they have to protect from the world, and have a hard time accepting that they are growing up, plus fathers were young themselves once and still remember how stupid they could be, and teen guys in general can be.

But I agree, it really doesn't make sense that when it's their son they're all proud and happy when they become interested in girls and dating. Possibly they subconsciously hope their son will continue to carry on the "family name" by one day becoming a father themselves. As if it makes them immortal or something. :roll:

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 11:15 am

I didn't really have that problem. I do think it is very sexist.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 11:41 am

all dads secretly would prefer to have a son over a daughter.

girls are fun and good and everything until they start to crave being in the arms of a strange man.. it's not nice. but is unfortunately natural.

i love sexy strong women who don't give a **** about men. but i don't really like feminists attention whoring :lol:

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 2:42 pm

awkward facepalm wrote:

Unless they want their daughter to have children to keep the family line going because they don't have a son.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 3:12 pm

sometimes when i look at videos of girls twerking, i wonder if their dads are proud of his daughter's talent or not.

i really want to know what it feels like to be a father of a famous talented girl who makes men happy. :D

imagine that! ...when every single dude on the planet is turned on by her *** :mrgreen:

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 10:48 pm

awkward facepalm wrote:

girls are fun and good and everything until they start to crave being in the arms of a strange man.. it's not nice. but is unfortunately natural.

i meant by "stranger", when the girl starts to feel that her parents love is no more enough, i mean when she becomes no more a child .

girls when they are kids are extremely lovely and cute, once they hit puberty?? ewwwwwwww they totally change.
i guess they become lovely again and stable/mature after 30?

in general the most obnoxious age range regardless the gender usually from 14 to 22/23/24/25 years old.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 12:22 pm

My own dad has never been like this, thank goodness. Not that he's had to worry much about me dating and having any real relationship with boys, anyway. :roll:

Also I read in a book somewhere that dads supposedly are always much easier on their daughters than their sons when it comes to punishment, because dads think their daughters can do no wrong because they are soft and pretty and nonsense. It's only when it has anything to do with the girl being interested in boys that the dad will blow his top. The book was supposedly written by a boy, so I dunno...

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 May 2017, 8:38 pm

awkward facepalm wrote:
I would rather have a daughter than a son(but I much rather not have kids at all but if I would) & one of my cousins wanted a daughter more than a son too.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 12:48 am

I wonder how fathers feel if their little girls grow up to be bigger and stronger than they are? I'd love to see a skit about that. :twisted: