does light/darkness affect your mood?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 10:04 pm

certain type of lamps/artificial lighting makes you more depressed? what about darkness,natural light,daylight, morning dusk,sunset?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 12:21 am

Dark and cloudy days have been getting me down lately. I find that when it's bright and sunny, I'm in a very good mood. I guess that's the same for most people.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 12:36 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Dark and cloudy days have been getting me down lately. I find that when it's bright and sunny, I'm in a very good mood. I guess that's the same for most people.

where i live its very sunny and hot weather. it makes me annoyed.
i find rain and cold weather very calming/soothing. i have never seen snow in my whole life.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 7:13 am

Being a night person, I generally find the darkness soothing. But living in the part of he world that I do, there's a period druing Winter where the sun is only up for a few hours while I'm at work, and has set long before I leave for home. This time of the year is very depressing.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 5:55 pm

I find bright sunny days cheer me up. The long days in summer at this latitude are perfect :)

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 12:22 am

thanks you guys for replying in my thread.

here it rains only once a year in the winter for 50 seconds or something. and even though every winter i make sure my camera is ready, everytime it rains i barely record 30 seconds or something.

i really hate the sun, esp the whole orange yellow light

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 1:18 am

awkward facepalm wrote:
here it rains only once a year in the winter for 50 seconds or something. and even though every winter i make sure my camera is ready, everytime it rains i barely record 30 seconds or something.

awkward facepalm wrote:
where i live its very sunny and hot weather. it makes me annoyed.
i find rain and cold weather very calming/soothing. i have never seen snow in my whole life.

ah yes, i also live in california. ( :mrgreen: ) constant torrent of sun nonstop from march to october, am getting right sick of it and i relish the cool, cloudy days whenever they may come. they are a gem and i hold them dear. for said reason i have never developed the negative attitude towards that weather that many others in more temperate zones have, maybe they take it for granted.

i too find them soothing. i'm sorry you have never seen show though......maybe yo should travel more. please.

the bloody sun here gets so bright i can't go out without my glasses and immediately get blinded, which irritates me. my car's windows are nearly 3 decades old and have no sort of glare protection, so driving right into the sunset gets my blood boiling too....

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.