ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 5:08 pm

Kiriae wrote:
I go by smell(can't be too strong) and either:
- "ingredients" (lemon juice, coconut oil or argan oil are first choice),
- color (the more transparent and non-artifical color the better),
- price (if I can't decide I just grab the cheapest one with a decent smell)

Currently I am using a cheap one (3,99PLN=about 1$) from LIDL and it is surprisingly good despite it being dark blue. When I use it my hair dries fast, don't get oily too soon and it gets better color - warmer brown, despite the shampoo being a "cold" color itself.

From my experience cheap doesn't always mean bad and expensive doesn't always mean good. Also the descriptions "for oily hair" and "for dry hair" don't make much difference. Both types made my hair dry or oily on random.
And shampoos for males are often better than the ones for females - the less addons and "special effects" a shampoo has the better it is for my hair, it seems.

I like Poland a lot!! Also things are so cheap there :D And amazing food

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jul 2017, 6:33 pm

I use Suave but that's mostly cuz it's what my mom bought for me so it's what I always used. I have senstive skin so maybe that's some of the reason she got it for me. I also use Nizoral nowadays because it can help with male-pattern baldness & it also helps with my head itching.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 10:52 pm

Cheap.. Available, and plenty. I'm not very picky.

Smell goes optional. As long as it doesn't smell like crap or sweaty, I could care less if it's scentless, smells like chemicals, or smells like flowers. Or if it smells like food.

If I have the money, I'd take the menthol/cool shampoos. I like it when my scalp feels cold.

I have no advice on haircare despite liking my own hair. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 11:39 pm

Edna3362 wrote:

Smell goes optional. As long as it doesn't smell like crap or sweaty, I could care less if it's scentless, smells like chemicals, or smells like flowers. Or if it smells like food.

If I have the money, I'd take the menthol/cool shampoos. I like it when my scalp feels cold.

They make menthol shampoo? Doesn't that burn?

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 3:57 am

^It cools instead. Head and shoulders has it for a reasonable price.
I used it once or twice as it's my boyfriend's favorite shampoo, felt like I was dying, horrible feeling :D

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 4:33 am

That's all just hype.

nick007 wrote:
Different shampoos have different uses for example treating breakage, treating hairloss or treating dandruff so what you get depends on what your trying to treat/fix/cure(if anything) besides just trying to clean your hair.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2017, 1:06 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

Yes, they make menthol shampoos - those are usually the anti-dandruff kind, and yes they do burn - or at least tingle a lot. Plus, they don't work. The only medicated shampoo that actually works is NIZORAL, it doesn't smell particularly bad, and it doesn't burn the scalp, either. But it is expensive.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Jul 2017, 4:00 pm

will@rd wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

Yes, they make menthol shampoos - those are usually the anti-dandruff kind, and yes they do burn - or at least tingle a lot. Plus, they don't work. The only medicated shampoo that actually works is NIZORAL, it doesn't smell particularly bad, and it doesn't burn the scalp, either. But it is expensive.
Nizoral also has some slight antiandrogenic properties which might help with hairloss so it's recommended in the male-pattern baldness community. The antiandrogenic properties are limited to the head so they won't affect anything else. The common over-the-counter one is 1% but there's also a 2% that's prescription only in America but over-the-counter in Canada. That's at least 2wice as expensive. They're both only meant to be used on a short-term basis so it's probably better to use the 1% every other day which is what I do. I only shower every other day anyways.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2017, 8:04 pm

When picking Shampoo I typically choose 3 in 1 Men. The brands I usually like and get are VO5, White Rain, Old Spice, Suave, and AXE. Because I like their smell a lot. But I like Old Spice a lot.