Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 3:26 pm

My birthday is next month :( :( :( :( Do people here wish they could skip their birthday?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 3:29 pm

Why do you want to skip your birthday? Is it because there is too many people? The change in routine? Loud noise?

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 4:09 pm

I do. I feel like I'm not ready to get any older than I currently am.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 4:13 pm

I don't mind my birthday, buy myself a present and go out for a meal with Mrs Trueno (we don't buy each other presents... too stressful).
I'm not bothered about the passing years... my teenage years and twenties were sh*t, things are much better now.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:52 pm

yeah i wish i could skip my birthday.

even better get rid of federal holidays. it just does not make sense. b/c every day is a holiday somewhere in the world.

on federal holidays, government buildings closed.

then christmas, thanksgiving, and some other holidays, almost everything closed.

besides, separation of church and state.

either celebrate all the holidays or none of them.

nondiscrimination :roll:

b/c on my birthday, feel spectacularly left out. b/c that reminds me i am getting older and ain't got no precious lil "friends". reminds me of the precious lil "people" that had the nerve to reject me.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:54 pm

I don't celebrate my birthday, others do.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:07 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
I don't celebrate my birthday, others do.

yeah i do not celebrate my birthday.

nobody celebrates my birthday. at least, nobody that told me about it. and it takes a lot of energy to fathom. fancy. imagine that someone might celebrate my birthday in my absence. but, the world contains plenty of precious lil "people". and i ain't psychic or telepathic. and precious lil "people" do creative and unusual and meaningless things a lot.

so whatever.

others sometimes celebrate their birthdays.

quite frankly, after the legal drinking age (21 in united states), it sounds kind of peculiar to celebrate someone's birthday.

hey i am 34 and have not celebrated my birthday for a long time.

nobody to celebrate it with.

minimum working age, 12, in some jurisdictions.
sweet 16, driving
gambling 18, voting, college
alcohol 21

34? what's 34?

on taxes, some exemptions or credits require you to be a certain age.

but seriously what is 34?

some random number

my birthday reminds me of how chronologically old and socially lonely i am

and that makes me feel even worse.

when i was 18, a former precious lil "friend" and i agreed that on my birthday we would go out. waited for her to phone. she phoned late. and i did not have a cell phone.

she had the nerve to tell me her dad's birthday was next week and she had a lot of homework. so she rescheduled for the following week.

it was like (what?).

her dad's birthday was next week. the following week. my birthday was that day.

she knew her dad's birthday was coming.

she was about 19 and her dad was still celebrating his birthday.

a lot of homework.

she could've done it earlier.

she was such a flake. she didn't even apologize. :roll:

and i was counting on her too.

what a lame excuse.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 10:15 pm

My birthday is next month. I get my favorite meal, cake, a gift from my parents and cash from my grandparents. Other than that it's tje ssme as any other day to me.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 10:21 pm

EzraS wrote:
My birthday is next month. I get my favorite meal, cake, a gift from my parents and cash from my grandparents. Other than that it's tje ssme as any other day to me.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

noone bothers to gimmie things for my birthday. the most recent time someone did that i was 20.

but whatever. your profile says you are only 16, as of 2013.

and i am 34.

my grandparents are dead anyways.

cash is good.

cake. not good. it's not too tempting. but it is sweet.

it's just easier not to deal with. it's too easy to eat too much of the wrong thing. especially lately had a lot of digestive difficulties.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 12:58 am

It is August 1st, 24 more days before my birthday :( Why do people want to celebrate it if you don't want to celebrate birthdays?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 7:33 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
It is August 1st, 24 more days before my birthday :( Why do people want to celebrate it if you don't want to celebrate birthdays?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

quite frankly personally, i do not celebrate anything. per se. legal holiday. religious holiday. birthday.

it's just that on some legal holidays, almost everything is closed.

especially dread december 24 to january 1st.

with the exception of thanksgiving, the other holidays are pretty much whatever. isolated enough.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 7:49 pm

Birthdays are toxic. If you keep on having them, sooner or later, they will kill you. All it takes is one too many.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 5:18 pm

For a long time, I didn't like the thought of getting older. Year after year, I was getting farther and farther behind in accomplishing normal things. I thought I was going to grow old without ever having had the chance to grow up. I finally got my license at 48 and things have improved since then.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 5:55 pm

will@rd wrote:
Birthdays are toxic. If you keep on having them, sooner or later, they will kill you. All it takes is one too many.

:lol:, don't take life to seriously, no one makes it out alive anyways....

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 7:46 pm

IstominFan wrote:
For a long time, I didn't like the thought of getting older. Year after year, I was getting farther and farther behind in accomplishing normal things. I thought I was going to grow old without ever having had the chance to grow up. I finally got my license at 48 and things have improved since then.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

yeah i get that too. things were the worse in junior high school. puberty. (trans not on the news like nowadays). trans. precious lil "parents" made me take the SAT in seventh grade. bullying. precious lil "parents" made me come straight home from school and make dinner immediately. they told me off when they did not like what i cooked.

before junior high school, things were decent. peers pretty much treated me like one of them. in high school, almost everyone just ignored me. which was not like they treated everyone else, but it was much better than junior high school.

undergrad. that's when i started Gender Therapy. 2004. age 21. la jolla. san diego. totally homophobic. it was a nightmare. fourth undergrad year, flunked out Structural Engineering. to this day, every day, profoundly regret it. got evicted 2x. got physically assaulted 1x. outside the LGBT center, only several people agreed to call me "he" instead of "she". age 21 got diagnosed. clinical depression. prozac. and autism.

got drivers license at age 20. not that late. glad i got it, but really bad at driving. try to minimize driving. which is not difficult b/c the public transportation here is pretty convenient. and ain't got no job.

but, if and when someone makes the mistake of hiring my worthless corpse, might have to drive somewhere. it does not make sense to turn down a job just b/c it is not within bus distance.

anyways, yeah. your point. the older i get, the further behind developmental milestones i get s**t. never dated anyone. never going to be able to buy a house. only had minimum wage jobs. socially, vocationally. emotionally. totally behind.

on the other hand, whatever.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Aug 2017, 5:09 pm

I don't really care. my bDay isn't a big deal to me thou I did like getting presents as a kid, money as an adult & cake but that's about it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition