Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2017, 9:27 am

How often do you get bored?

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 9:43 am

Not very often. There's always something to do or something to think about. My mind is always active with something I'm mulling over, thinking about, remembering or figuring out, looking at, etc. even if there is nothing to actually do or engage with. I can be sitting still, staring at a wall and still feel "busy" inside my head, lol.

Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2017, 10:01 am

BirdInFlight wrote:
Not very often. There's always something to do or something to think about. My mind is always active with something I'm mulling over, thinking about, remembering or figuring out, looking at, etc. even if there is nothing to actually do or engage with. I can be sitting still, staring at a wall and still feel "busy" inside my head, lol.

Exactly the same with me.

I think this is one reason I would like to live as long as possible, dying is such a waste when there's all these things I'd like to do and figure out.

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2017, 10:23 am

im bored all the time. In not bored olnly at night and at morning for 1-3 hours.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 12:15 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
Exactly the same for me.

I'm only bored when I have to do things that are uninteresting (unless it's done very quickly). When I have to do boring things, I get so bored I feel physically ill.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 4:30 pm

Pretty much every time I sit still and don't do anything. Or I have to do something that I absolutely hate but it needs to be done, like washing dishes or taking out the garbage. Doing chores only *increases* my boredom, so don't tell me to go do them if I'm bored.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Oct 2017, 6:57 pm

I've always gotten bored fairly often but I have ADD

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 7:15 pm

I find myself not feeling any desire to do things. Sometimes I feel joy from certain activities, other times I don't. At the same time I feel restless, bored and/or some kind of emotional discomfort like anxiety or emotional pain. I think loneliness have a factor in this, and a lack of meaning in general.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 8:12 pm

Every single day.

Having very little to do now isn't as fun as I thought it'd be. Normally I'll just stick on a Simpsons or South Park DVD and play Minecraft or Splatoon or draw. I need to entertain myself somehow.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 9:27 pm

lately a lot. i am bored as a default.

but i do not like a lot of excitement. excitement could be good or bad. good, like fun. bad, like getting raped.

boredom has a negative connotation. but boredom could also be obsessive compulsive disorder. which i feel magnetically drawn to.

i am bored a lot. unless i am surfing the internet, i am usually bored. when someone is bothering me, i do not feel bored. but i would rather feel bored than get bothered by someone.

there are many things better than feeling bored. there are many things worse than feeling bored.

i am bored a lot.

i am boring.

not only am i boring, but i am boring myself.

but to be honest i do not like a lot of things. i do not like a lot of precious lil "people". socially or romantically. the ones that i do like, i do not personally know.

almost everyone that i have ever interacted with for significant time (and others that i have not interacted with that much) totally get on my nerves. yes, that includes myself.

but much of life has to be boredom.

chopping wood and carrying water.

some precious lil "people" act like they are so fun, exciting, important, awesome, cool, funny, wise, smart, and morally innocent. they make me wanna puke.

then again there is nothing great about me. there are numerous things bad about me. i ain't got no job, job skills, or precious lil "friends". i hold intense long term grudges. i get lazy and apathetic a lot.

:D

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2017, 11:23 pm

Froya wrote:
lack of meaning in general.

Yeas.Agree.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 1:37 am

I'm bored a good bit of the time these days. I'm done with school and unemployed, I don't have much to occupy my time.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2017, 3:37 am

nick007 wrote:

what do you like to do?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 7:45 am

Dragons and demons

Just like you. Likewise I am unemployed

Done with school

School was boring at times. Structural engineering.

But it can't be exciting or fun all the time

Work was boring at times

Typing letters a-z. Number 0 to 9

40 hours a week

No variety

No meaning

The most "exciting" thing that could have happened was someone could rape me, a tsunami, earthquake. The most "exciting" part was when the condescending lil boss had the nerve to tell me "today is your last day"

HughDYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2017, 9:54 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

The most "exciting" thing that could have happened was someone could rape me, a tsunami, earthquake. The most "exciting" part was when the condescending lil boss had the nerve to tell me "today is your last day"

:lol:
Hah i like your sense of humor

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Oct 2017, 3:07 pm

HughDYork wrote:
nick007 wrote:

what do you like to do?
Spending time with my girlfriend which I do a lot of the time. I also like watching TV, listening to music, doing stuff on the web like checking this place, playing video-games sometimes, going for walks when the weather is nice & I'm not busy & feel up to it, & spending time with the pets. I do feel bored & not that interested in that stuff sometimes thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition