Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Tagrhm
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Dec 2017, 12:30 pm

I've been planning for years, decades actually to move into a new house once my kids were grown. I have a very logical list of reasons to do so which helped me over the first hurled of not wanting to break my everyday patterns and enact such a big change. The process however has been a nightmare for me. Every turn I tried to plan and when it involved other people they would not cooperate. Cancelling appointments, not doing what they said, not providing me the information I must have to create a plan or pattern etc. I finally sold the house and now I sit here sobbing. I am being force (in my mind) to move out and live in an apartment while I get a house built. I feel like I'm going to be locked in a loud dungeon where the sounds and smells will not be right or under my control. I feel like someone I love has died and all I can do is mourn. I have know one to talk to about this, but I feel driven to talk and talk to get it out.

How do you handle moving or major disruptions in daily patterns? I would really like to find a way to feel positive about all this and survive living in the apartment short term.