Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 4:43 pm

It is quite possibly mans first junk food, with the high sugar content of the grains causing mankind dental problems certainly since Ancient Egypt and perhaps as far back as the Neolithic.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 9:39 pm

I'm sorry, but marijuana is not healthy.

Now we're even. :roll:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 9:54 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:

That is not entirely true...one can use it in an unhealthy manner but marijuana in itself is not necessarily unhealthy. As for bread no its not entirely healthy, but it can certainly give some calories and feelings of fullness in a tight spot. I used to eat tons of bread as a kid....but now I can't eat it as much without feeling sick.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 12:56 am

Both can be very beneficial. Bread provides fiber and marijuana is a natural pain killer. If I was wealthy, I'd choose pot over painkillers in the form of pills.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 2:38 am

someone said this before in a comic book somewhere but i can't remember who.

the ramones, right?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 2:45 am

I prefer chocolate :)

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 7:44 am

Bread is good for the intestines. And it's breakfast food. It's something I will eat for life, so I don't care what anyone claims about it. Here's to delicious white bread and delicious oats bread and delicious wheat bread and delicious spelt bread! So far today I've actually had 4 slices of bread, all with cheese and grapes. Yummy! :D

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 1:14 pm

I make my own bread,cornbread and light bread.Nothing is better warm from the oven with butter on it.
Lots of things are u healthy,moderation is key in all.

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 1:35 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:

I’ve heard the most ridiculous arguments about it. Like, “Pot is a plant”! So is poison ivy!! !

And about bread, it depends what’s in the bread. Most bread these days contains chemicals and s**t. Organic bread with just whole wheat, yeast, and a little bit of sugar is healthy. Even better, making your own whole wheat bread without added sugar is even healthier. You can eat it fresh out of the oven!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 2:55 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Both can be very beneficial. Bread provides fiber and marijuana is a natural pain killer. If I was wealthy, I'd choose pot over painkillers in the form of pills.

You would be better off with edibles or CBD oil(which I suppose could be put into a capsule) or a cannabis ointment. But if you're talking about the pill Marinol that's man made/synthetic THC in a pill, it's not actual marijuana nor is it as effective because it missing some of the key componants like cbd and the plant terpenes.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 3:03 pm

Kiki1256 wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

I’ve heard the most ridiculous arguments about it. Like, “Pot is a plant”! So is poison ivy!! !

And about bread, it depends what’s in the bread. Most bread these days contains chemicals and s**t. Organic bread with just whole wheat, yeast, and a little bit of sugar is healthy. Even better, making your own whole wheat bread without added sugar is even healthier. You can eat it fresh out of the oven!

Just as ridiculous as cannabis still being a schedule 1 drug. there have been no recorded fatal marijuana overdoses, and studies show that pot 'addiction' is minor at best it doesn't come with some of the severe withdrawal symptoms and potential death from them like say addiction to heroin, or in some cases even alcohol. Also there are known medical uses. According to that federal chart cannabis is more dangerous than cocaine, vicodin and meth which are scedule 2 but its clearly not true.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 4:14 pm

Is a thread about bread going to turn into a marijuana debate? :P

100% whole wheat bread full of whole grains is alright. Unless you have a problem with gluten.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 4:59 pm

As a coeliac, I have great problems with gluten, unless I avoid it completely (which I do). Some chocolate (surprisingly) contains gluten but the good ones generally don't. Great news for chocolate lovers reported today :)

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 47416.html

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 5:22 pm

B19 wrote:
As a coeliac, I have great problems with gluten, unless I avoid it completely (which I do). Some chocolate (surprisingly) contains gluten but the good ones generally don't. Great news for chocolate lovers reported today :)

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 47416.html

hmm well I do enjoy dark chocolate and red wine....

I have certainly head some people say it can be healthy to have a glass of red wine daily, so I guess there is something to that.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 2:56 pm

Reply to everybody: Firstly, all breads are packed with sugar. Eating a slice of Whole Grain will push your blood sugar higher than a candy bar. This fact caused the Ancient Egyptians a nightmare array of tooth and gum problems including cavities, abcesses, lost teeth, missing crowns, and bad gums. It is also lacking in other nutrients.

That bread is packed with sugar and lacking in other nutrients has been known to science for a long time now, but the facts have been totally ignored by the general public, where the myth persists that bread is a wholesome product. Newsflash: other species of primates don't eat grain and other "cereal" crops. Its totally wrong to do so from an evolutionary POV.

Second, this IS RANDOM discussion, so I don't mind the thread drift at all to pot. The drug laws in the US are absolute BS IMO, and exist not because the drugs are bad but as a means of class and racial warfare. Like the laws on prostitution they are hypocritical and non sensical in the extreme, and ALL should be repealed. It is absolute GARBAGE that pot is illegal at all, this was done for largely racist reasons.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 5:20 pm

Kiki1256 wrote:
Most bread these days contains chemicals and s**t.!

Ugh. Bread these days contains feces? Gross.