Page 12 of 56 [ 890 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 56  Next

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 9:21 pm

Aunt Blabby

Constipation

Over one hour straining

Until back stuff and sore

Until head feels red

Until it feels like blisters

Worried it could be hypothyroid, colon cancer,

Something drastic

But at least five medical doctors dismissed me

Oh whatever

There is something wrong with everything

Nobody has perfect health

And I am already 34 years old

And I have not accomplished anything significant

So I should be ashamed of myself

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 9:22 pm

^^^at least you didn't shat your pants today like I did :oops: :oops: :oops:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 9:28 pm

Aunt Blabby

Not today

But if it is a serious disease.

Maybe later

Paranoid medical treatment too expensive

And maybe the insurance won't cover the cost

Then I have to panhandle

Oh well whatever

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 9:37 pm

^^^let us then agree to at least fervently pray for the general welfare of the other, then. :star:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 2:48 pm

The insurance only pays for two years of counseling

So, I could only imagine, whatever diseases that I fulfill the requirements for, and have not yet gotten diagnosed with, the insurance does not pay for sufficient treatment for

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 5:39 pm

having to monitor my pharts to make sure no pharticles slip past.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 7:00 pm

^^ looks like I missed out on some excitement around here. (I has seen yer other posts on the subject. :-( )

Do you avoid gluten? If you can tolerate it, maybe try adding oatmeal and whole wheat bread to your diet? I speak as an IBS-D-er who's thankfully not gluten sensitive; those two things, plus marshmallow capsules, (Althea officinalis, not Sta-Puff ;-) ) were the long sought answer that finally stopped my IBS-D follies... I'd been having a longer "run" than Cats had on Broadway.

(Stopping IBS-D tends to prevent :oops: events, which are definitely a hazard of aging. And oh, goody; most of us ASDers are also either overt or latent IBS-ers. The fun never ends :roll: )

PS Marshmallow itself contains mucilage, not gluten; here's a link to a celiac disease sufferer's blog entry about marshmallow, for anyone it might help. http://celebrate-glutenfree.blogspot.co ... rties.html

PSS Marshmallow does affect blood sugar levels, in a similar way to guar gum's effects. Also, it will slow the rate of absorption of drugs (prescriptions) if they're taken at the same time. Therefore, despite the good press, it technically does, definitely, have potential side effects.

Edit in: Yarf! I forgot to point out - yessiree, I know oats technically lack gluten, but if they're processed in the same facilities as wheat, you can forget about that.

Also, much more importantly, I forgot the nasty little booger natamycin. If you eat cheese, any kind, go read the label ASAP and look for that ingredient. It is a macrolide, a chemical relative to erythromycin, clarithromycin, azithromycin and all those guys. Those guys can mess up your lower bowel something fierce; natamycin is like IBS-D kryptonite. It is frightening how sick it can make you, almost without symptoms other than "oh geez Igottago NOW NOW IMMEDIATELY" if you're susceptible (and I am). And yes, it will cause :oops: or the fear of :oops:, TRUST ME ON THIS.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Last edited by Esmerelda Weatherwax on 28 Feb 2018, 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 7:06 pm

^^^thank you for the useful information :study: I've been gluten-free for a few years now, my sis finally sold me on it. but I ate some [presumably gluten-free] chili she made for me, and BOY did it do a number on me! I guess my gut will no longer tolerate spicy food as well.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 8:19 pm

Lots of "organic" or "whole" stuff can do a number on you, and for some reason the people peddling it just will not leave it alone. I remember the let's-put-inulin-in-everything craze (it makes me hideously ill) and the rosemary-preserves-everything craze (I'm violently allergic to it). Something your sister used in the chili might have been "improved"; we don't always think to check everything; she'd have no reason to.

Organic ain't necessarily hypoallergenic, which the manufacturers and marketers really need to be told*; gut allergies are some of the worst.

*yes I definitely have. Politely, succinctly, and eruditely. :-P

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Last edited by Esmerelda Weatherwax on 28 Feb 2018, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 8:37 pm

my pharticle count is down today, so I guess that is either progress or time removed from the original gustatory offender.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 5:25 pm

Had a hard time sleeping last night

Physically weak, slow, exhausted

Sick

Feeling left out

Can't eat what I want. $$, fat, bowel movement, inconvenience. The older I get the more things I cannot eat

Not getting the apologies I deserve

No hope for the future

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 5:51 pm

I can hardly wait 'til the page # turns to 14.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 10:44 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Why? (I'm helping it along) :D

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 10:47 pm

Annoyed about nothing it’s Friday!! !

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 10:54 pm

justkillingtime wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Why? (I'm helping it along) :D

because 14 is less unlucky, in general. I appreciate the help here :D

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 10:56 pm

and it is Friday, so Friday the 13th Page.