Page 7 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2018, 4:57 pm

Alexanderplatz wrote:
From Wikipedia
"Criswell married a former speakeasy dancer named Halo Meadows, who once appeared on You Bet Your Life, and whom Coulombe describes as "quite mad": "Mrs Criswell had a huge standard poodle (named "Buttercup") which she was convinced was the reincarnation of her cousin Thomas."

And was it?

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2018, 5:16 pm

Yes, though possibly speaking only about myself in what I am about to say (?), there seems to be something in my autistic mind that prefers oblique / obscure connections to any obvious one.

There is something like Knight's Move thinking I'm prone to as well, particularly in conversation, sudden departures off to something that would be in commas if the words were written, then again, then again, then losing the point. I think it was someone called Coojimans I read about who used a phrase something like Reference Horizon, and autists have got a broad one, and i can get lost in mine.

Dunno about the dog. Is there an objective test for reincarnation?

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2018, 8:17 am

Alexanderplatz wrote:
So . . . me and words. At 61 my neurological abundance (if that theory is correct), has pruned back a lot from earlier years, but I am much given to words, or rather words are much given to me.

Sometimes verses arrive as if ready formed, or come in three groups, or two groups then the last group has to be hammered out.

My brain sometimes tries to think of at least three things at once, and prefers five. Autistic people can speak in puns and jokes that only mean something to themselves (it feels better that way).

So my analysis of the words Happy Criswell.

Criswell sounds a little bit like the word Christ, and New Year is not Christmas, and Criswell is howlingly unlike Christ, so it is perfectly obvious to me, when words are much given to me, to call New Year's Eve Criswell. That is an example of rationality on Planet Alexanderplatz, at the time of the arrival of words.

In the depth of it, the word Criswell is close to the word Christ Well, or Christ's Well. Again, this reverberates ironically as Criswell was a total charlatan. From my reading of Literature there is also the significance of wells in play in my mind, something that cropped up in a film I recently watched, so that is in it as well.

Thank you for explaining this as I would not have figured it out.
Our minds work in wonderful ways very much apart from the status quo.
It is our gift.