What was life like in the 1980's?

Page 16 of 16 [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 9:10 am

Another animal "sex change":

Thomasina in "The Three Lives of Thomasina was, in reality, a Thomas. Orange striped cats are typically male.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 9:17 am

Pure white dog turds. Haven't seen those for a very long time. What on earth were people feeding their dogs back then?

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 5:28 pm

IstominFan wrote:
When I saw Bill Cosby's old comedy routines, I didn't think they were at all funny. In fact, some of them were mean. They way he talked about his kids having "brain damage" wasn't at all funny, especially since his son had a learning disability. He also said something to the effect of, "You aren't what I ordered or wanted." I can't imagine anything more hurtful than that.

I've also heard that he had a terrible temper backstage too.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 10:50 am

I liked Bill Cosby as a kid and thought he was funny. I didn't take the stuff he said about kids seriously. In fact I was basically like,"Yes, it's true. We're so terrible". How stupid was that? :(

Now I can't even look at Fat Albert the same way anymore. But I can assure people that even as a kid, my drain wasn't bammaged. :duh: