I've ordered a drinking horn, off of amazon.

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 6:23 pm

Got a 25 dollar gift card for Christmas from my sister, and decided to use it for that. I'd prefer an ebay gift card because I find amazon harder to navigate for some reason. But either way after quite a while of looking at and comparing different ads and looking at reviews I decided on one. It is the kind that's flat on the bottom and has a handle, like the ones they had on Game of Thrones. I would like to get the sort that's pointy on the bottom too but I'd probably want a stand for it and some sort of belt pouch to carry it with me, which would likely end up costing a lot more than 25 dollars.

So yes now just waiting for it to arrive so I can drink beer like a viking or game of thrones character... 8).

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 6:28 pm

post a pic

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 6:37 pm

I'll have to wait till it comes, to post a picture of the one I get, but it's this style:

Apparently no two are alike so the shape, size and coloring on them can vary.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 7:16 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I'll have to wait till it comes, to post a picture of the one I get, but it's this style:

That looks neat , what booze are you going to put in it first.

Skol :P

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 7:46 pm

That's a very cool drinking horn. 8)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 8:42 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

That looks neat , what booze are you going to put in it first.

Skol :P

Well I would like to try some mead in it, but that can be a little pricey so might just have to settle for a good beer. Or maybe wine...but it holds roughly 16 ounces and that would be a lot of wine, though I don't have to fill it all the way.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 9:29 pm

I think you should push the boat out and splash out on mead :)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2018, 1:30 pm

Well I received it today, certainly much quicker than I expected...unfortunately though it does have a small crack that leaks. So I sent a message to the seller, figured I'd do that before trying to go through the amazon exchange/refund thing, the seller said on the item page they will send a replacement free of charge if there are any defects so I figured it would be best to just contact them directly first.

That said it is really cool looking, I also thought it would be heavier, which was interesting. So certianly looking forward to getting one without a leak. If they don't end up wanting me to return this one to get the replacement than I'll just try and fix it with super glue or something and have two of them:

*update, just got a response back from the seller and it would seem I can keep this one and they will still send another. I will leave them a good review.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2018, 2:29 am

A cool-looking tool of inebriation, to be sure. Though really well-off vikings drank out of stuff like this:

Nowhere near as cool though.

Skål!

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2018, 2:46 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
A cool-looking tool of inebriation, to be sure. Though really well-off vikings drank out of stuff like this:

Nowhere near as cool though.

Skål!

I don’t think this one would be suitable for quaffing and when I think of Vikings drinking, I definitely think of them quaffing. I’m probably unfairly stereotyping them. Bad Bunny :oops:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2018, 7:36 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

*update, just got a response back from the seller and it would seem I can keep this one and they will still send another. I will leave them a good review.

To me it looks like the drinking rim of the horn is quite thick , is it ? I find the thickness of the rim of my drinking vessels effect the enjoyment of the drink .

@Wolfram - that's a lovely bit of glass

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2018, 7:58 am

Skål og bånnski!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2018, 4:39 pm

I've gotten the replacement:

and it does not leak.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2018, 4:55 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

To me it looks like the drinking rim of the horn is quite thick , is it ? I find the thickness of the rim of my drinking vessels effect the enjoyment of the drink .

@Wolfram - that's a lovely bit of glass

Yeah it is kind of thick, the replacement they sent is the same way, I do usually like drinking vessels with a thicker rim, though so I don't dislike it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2018, 5:37 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well I received it today, certainly much quicker than I expected...unfortunately though it does have a small crack that leaks. So I sent a message to the seller, figured I'd do that before trying to go through the amazon exchange/refund thing, the seller said on the item page they will send a replacement free of charge if there are any defects so I figured it would be best to just contact them directly first.

That said it is really cool looking, I also thought it would be heavier, which was interesting. So certianly looking forward to getting one without a leak. If they don't end up wanting me to return this one to get the replacement than I'll just try and fix it with super glue or something and have two of them:

Right on! That's a cool mug. 8)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2018, 5:39 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I've gotten the replacement:

and it does not leak.

That one looks even nicer.