Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 10:17 pm

Is Tylenol better than Advil? I need something for my ankle.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 10:58 pm

I like the extra strength Tylenol with the red coating.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 5:14 pm

Tylenol when taken at doses which are no more than 1000mg every 6 to 8 hours and no more than 3000mg a day is safer than Advil. Advil like all NSAIDs other than aspirin increase the risk of heart attack and stroke. Advil also can upset your stomach.

Make sure you dont combine Tylenol(acetaminophen) with other medications that have Tylenol(acetaminophen) in them. If you live in the UK or Europe acetaminophen is called paracetamol instead.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Oct 2018, 5:24 pm

Advil is more for anti-inflammatory issues than Tylenol is. It might help your swollen ankle & other similar things like that. Whereas Tylenol would just help with the pain. However like Noca said, Tylenol is safer. I find Advil is hard on my stomach & can cause cramps or just make it very uncomfortable even when I take it with food so I never take it. My girlfriend takes it thou & it doesn't mess with her in the short term even thou she has lots of stomach issues. I take Aleve instead when I want an anti-inflammatory unless it's for something like a headache & then I'll take Aspirin & maybe Tylenol with it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition