Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2023, 5:47 pm

This is likely a screenshot of a real

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 3:49 pm

A friend just moved out of a new apartment he was renting and in with a roommate to save money. Not sure if he was in a studio or one bedroom, but he was paying $2600/mo for the 400sf place and now it’s being re-rented for $3100/mo. I think he said it’s near Main and 1st in a building called The Duke that was built in 2018. Apparently there’s an SRO next door and all sorts of crazy commotion 24/7 and his biggest complaint about the place is that it doesn’t even have an oven.. just an induction cooktop and a microwave but no oven and no room for a freezer so he can’t even cook how he likes to. (Stocks his freezer with turkeys when they go on sale after the holidays and then roasts turkeys all the time for inexpensive lean protein for after workouts.)

$3100/mo. Crackhead neighbours. No oven. Go home Vancouver; you’re drunk!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 4:03 pm

Trudeau's Canada is becoming too expensive for me. I'm lucky that I was able to find subsidized housing while I did. If I didn't find the housing that I did when I did, I'd still be living with my parents and very miserable.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 4:13 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Trudeau's Canada is becoming too expensive for me. I'm lucky that I was able to find subsidized housing while I did. If I didn't find the housing that I did when I did, I'd still be living with my parents and very miserable.

I'm only able to live the life I do because my father bought a house and paid it off. Otherwise my housing cost would be very high And I would not have the space for a bunch of the things I own. I wouldn't have the money to do other things, either. IF I stayed in the Vancouver area, of course.. which I wouldn't want to leave.. I would just be poor and over worked and over tired and miserable if I Didn't live at my parent's house.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2024, 12:48 pm

I think this one is on Vancouver Island somewhere. (so, not Vancouver - but an hour or two ferry ride away.)

I’ve seen ads for this same brand of horses**t in the suburb city I live in. People renting out trailers/RV’s for living in in backyards or farm properties for well over $1k/mo. For a while there was an old van on Airbnb in one Vancouver neighbourhood being rented out nightly. Crazy.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2024, 12:59 pm

I’m another suburb city:

$800/mo for storage in a 2 car garage.. I guess since mortgage payments are like $7-10k/mo or something crazy that’s what it costs.. and they have to specify that no one is allowed to live in the garage because hands down 100% 1 or 2 people would move in and live in there for that price if they could as it’s cheaper than renting a single bedroom in most shared accommodation homes - anything under $1k for a bedroom is a deal anywhere in the region. (Unless it’s moldy/pest infested etc then maybe it’s not such a deal.)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2024, 2:01 pm

This is pretty much what it’s like for most people who work jobs for a living these days: