Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 2:41 pm

So, here's what I face for the next hour...

It is 1230 now and I want to take a short nap, really tired.

But I still need to...
- shower and shave (three or four days growth, so that will take several minutes),
- fix my dinner to take to work (probably a salad - lettuce is already washed - and a salmon patty, peach and maybe a little bag of goldfish - the crackers :wink: ),
- pack my bag with my iPod & speakers, a book that I always think I'll read during break and lunch, but always forget to, other stuff
- find some scrubs to wear... either in the clean laundry pile on the piano bench or maybe in my closet
- remember to bring socks to wear at work
- I really wanted to exercise a little, but I think that's out
- stretching would be REALLY good, but I probably won't do that
- wash the breakfast dishes... although if I leave them rinsed out in the sink, I can use them again tomorrow :P
- read yesterday's mail... it's mostly junk mail I'm sure
- feed the cats in the backyard again... I've got the mom and kitties eating RIGHT INSIDE THE TRAP! Hopefully when I'm ready to catch them, they will still go in to it .
- call my daughter and arrange to get her the cd I made last night of the band pictures from her first high school football game
- quit hanging out at WP... at least until I get to work and have a little downtime :twisted:

AND...

Be at work by 2pm. The drive takes between 10 and 14 minutes... if I don't stop to check my mailbox in town, or drop by the grocery store for snacks.

Can I make it?

We'll see

Hmmm, it is now 1241 8O , better hurry up and take my nap!

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 9:09 pm

OKAY! Everyone calm down...

I made it to work on time!

my daughter woke me up from my nap though, which is fine because I might have overslept. :roll:

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 9:39 pm

Congratulations! That's so much to do! I'd hate a life like that, where I have to do this and this and this and that and this and that and that and that and this and that and this and that and that and that and that and that and this and that all in a deadline! That's why I want to start a commune where we can just relax!

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 9:50 pm

Ahh, but once you are responsible for a home, you'll find there are lots of little things with the occasional big thing thrown in, to do.

That's why I want just a Yurt on 10 acres or so, with one barn to keep all my stuff in.

The Yurt would only be for sleeping, indoor relaxing, cooking (when cooking outdoors might not be an option), and total privacy when by myself.

My plan is to sell some property near Branson, Missouri, take that money and hopefully get my property around here and my yurt/barn and small yurt so my daughter can have her own place right next to the main house.

I want the inside of the main house to be fairly bare except for my books and computer.

To further minimize things, I only need one bowl/plate/cup/glass/utensils and a set for my daughter.
I would probably have a couple more sets for guests, but any more people than that and they can bring their own! :wink:

I don't want a big house to have to clean/paint/fix, I do not want a yard I have to water/mow/fertilize... the fewer distractions and responsibilities I have the better my life will be. :D

Okay, I'm seriously off topic... but I'm the one who started it so who cares! :P

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 10:13 pm

I don't blame you. I want just a cement platform with little holes in it that I can stand on to shower in the rain, with a cement path leading back to the house or bunker or whatever. :D And an outdoor grill, cement outdoor tables and chairs (all on the perforated cement platform), outdoor everything.

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 10:19 pm

Ana54 wrote:
I don't blame you. I want just a cement platform with little holes in it that I can stand on to shower in the rain, with a cement path leading back to the house or bunker or whatever. :D And an outdoor grill, cement outdoor tables and chairs (all on the perforated cement platform), outdoor everything.

Tired of being cooped up inside buildings? :D

An outdoor shower is a great idea! I have actually figured out a design for one and I'll have a solar heated one at my house.

Cement is pretty good because of the easy clean up and weather durability.
You can also paint it or press patterns into it.

Coyote27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2007, 3:40 am

I really think an aspie commune would be interesting, now that you mention it.