Page 6333 of 7516 [ 120253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6330, 6331, 6332, 6333, 6334, 6335, 6336 ... 7516  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 10:06 pm

PBL187 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I feel absolutely horrible. Very tired. Very wheezy. Wheezy Ezzy whahaha. Blah. *cough*

Cough medicine and more sleep?

Aye, story of my life right now.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 10:22 pm

EzraS wrote:
PBL187 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I feel absolutely horrible. Very tired. Very wheezy. Wheezy Ezzy whahaha. Blah. *cough*

this ex-doc says an inhaler is more effective for wheezing than cough medicine. in fact, i once prescribed cough medicine for cough in someone with asthma because i didn't know the full story. soon, she was dead. i think she suffocated, couldn't get air in and out due to a similar but worse process to the one that causes wheezing. I should have been more suspicious that a cough could mean asthma even if i heard no wheezing at that moment.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 10:51 pm

cathylynn wrote:
EzraS wrote:
PBL187 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

this ex-doc says an inhaler is more effective for wheezing than cough medicine. in fact, i once prescribed cough medicine for cough in someone with asthma because i didn't know the full story. soon, she was dead. i think she suffocated, couldn't get air in and out due to a similar but worse process to the one that causes wheezing. I should have been more suspicious that a cough could mean asthma even if i heard no wheezing at that moment.

I got all the good stuffs like if my room was an infirmary. I really just have a low grade cold that went from my nose to my lungs. The wheezing/rattling is just mucus, so I'm on whatever takes care of that and it's really not that bad. I've been much sicker than this before. I'm just whining. But if worse comes to worse, my mom has medic training and knows how to perform an emergency tracheotomy.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 11:50 pm

EzraS wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
EzraS wrote:
PBL187 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I got all the good stuffs like if my room was an infirmary. I really just have a low grade cold that went from my nose to my lungs. The wheezing/rattling is just mucus, so I'm on whatever takes care of that and it's really not that bad. I've been much sicker than this before. I'm just whining. But if worse comes to worse, my mom has medic training and knows how to perform an emergency tracheotomy.

glad you have it under control.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 12:30 am

What ‘sobers me up’ when it comes to being caught up in ‘intellectualization’ is reminding myself how I can’t drive.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 12:43 am

PBL187 wrote:
babybird wrote:
PBL187 wrote:
babybird wrote:
^^try and stick it out a while longer. My daughter has it and it's worked wonders for her.

It doesn't make her tied though.

Oh I'm sticking it out. I'm gonna go up to 20mg in fact. It's working for me but as a side effect I cannot stop sleeping, almost literally

What time of day do you take it?

Normally in the evening cos my sleeping pattern had been topsy turvy even before I started taking them. I ran out on Friday though so haven't had any since Friday evening, so I may start taking them in the morning or noon when I get some more later (GP clinics are shut at weekends so had to wait til today. It's still the early hours here in the UK though)

I know. Maybe it's because you're quite new to them. I use mirtazapine and they knock me right out so I take it at bedtime. You'll probably find your own way with them.

All the best with it lad.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 12:45 am

I love going out in the mornings when it's still pitch dark.

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 1:09 am

babybird wrote:
PBL187 wrote:
babybird wrote:
PBL187 wrote:
babybird wrote:
^^try and stick it out a while longer. My daughter has it and it's worked wonders for her.

Oh I'm sticking it out. I'm gonna go up to 20mg in fact. It's working for me but as a side effect I cannot stop sleeping, almost literally

Normally in the evening cos my sleeping pattern had been topsy turvy even before I started taking them. I ran out on Friday though so haven't had any since Friday evening, so I may start taking them in the morning or noon when I get some more later (GP clinics are shut at weekends so had to wait til today. It's still the early hours here in the UK though)

I know. Maybe it's because you're quite new to them. I use mirtazapine and they knock me right out so I take it at bedtime. You'll probably find your own way with them.

Thanks. I was given Mirtazapine for my first stint with anti deps, they did help with sleep for a while but had zero effect on my depression. Hope that isn't the case with you :)

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 1:11 am

Just been watching BBC 999 clips on YouTube. Another trip down memory lane #90s

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 1:41 am

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 10:20 am

I wish 'Rayuela/Hopscotch' was written by a woman, part of me dares to type.

Gender thoery and economics. Teoria de genero y economia.

Last edited by sidetrack on 16 Oct 2017, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 10:37 am

Purr cat, purr cat.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 11:31 am

babybird wrote:

That sounds awesome. I used to do that in high school.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 12:45 pm

I've been sleeping much more than usual lately. I suppose it's better than drinking energy drinks.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 1:57 pm

PBL187 wrote:
babybird wrote:
PBL187 wrote:
babybird wrote:
PBL187 wrote:
babybird wrote:

Thanks. I was given Mirtazapine for my first stint with anti deps, they did help with sleep for a while but had zero effect on my depression. Hope that isn't the case with you :)

Well the mirtazapine works a treat for me.

Did you see the red sun and yellow sky today where you are or did you sleep through it?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 2:04 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
babybird wrote:

That sounds awesome. I used to do that in high school.

Yeah....I go to work on my bike so I have all my lights on.

So I set out when it's dark and by the time I get there it's just getting light.

It's a nice feeling of travelling through dark and light.