Page 6252 of 7516 [ 120246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6249, 6250, 6251, 6252, 6253, 6254, 6255 ... 7516  Next

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 11:35 pm

I used to be honest to a fault in a way. But I got no gratitude from certain people for being honest and at times they even put me down for it and used what I said against me. I stopped talking to them. I stopped answering their questions with the truth and then some extra truths.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 11:41 pm

Oh I'm just wondering what's on 3 or 4 channels & letting people know things are cool. :heart:

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i hope Krabo is alright.

Here somewhere methinks :cheese: :pale:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 11:43 pm

cberg wrote:
Oh I'm just wondering what's on 3 or 4 channels & letting people know things are cool. :heart:

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i hope Krabo is alright.

Here somewhere methinks :cheese: :pale:

Are you Krabo.... in disguise?! :chin:

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 11:44 pm

Random thing: COME TO MY THREAD in the writers' forum! It's a fictional story we're making together about an autistic boy at school!!

traven
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 2:36 am

random or fact? why is psychology another austrian thing?
heh heh once upon a time i liked() a funny remark on castaneda's followers, oh for some sake!
that got me befriended with, turns out a rosecruciferian, he's re-linked me to a likewise person in my language, and an austrian psychiatrist, well i didn't want to point out they'd be superflu-ish there, im fully covered in rl already

that tentacle thing of the house of habsburg and the holy german/roman empire

sleep well my friends
(this is what i call the patriarchy; men in dresses trying to suppress the second sex altogether is their game, huhuh they got you by the b's again with that transsexual hype, to get wo-rights suppressed asap before achievement, lucky hillary wasn't put at the big button, that would be the obvious setback for some millenials again, yes they work in millenial reigns, doesn't that ring the sound of their usefull zelots?)

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 2:38 am

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
Page 6666 of this thread, eh? Funny, cuz my friend's number on her McDonald's receipt the other day was 666 and my other friend got 666 somewhere in her life too that same day.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 2:42 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I like the alt-center bent of WP the best.

Bent people rock.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 2:43 am

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 3:31 am

Grip strength: negligible.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 6:12 am

I don't like my sinuses. They clog a lot and ruined many things more than anything in my life. :x

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 10:20 am

Pleasure is always derived from something outside you, whereas joy arises from within.

The past gives you an identity and the future holds the promise of salvation. … Both are illusions.

I am not my thoughts, emotions, sense perceptions, and experiences. I am not the content of my life. I am Life. I am the space in which all things happen. I am consciousness.

When you look at a tree, you are aware of the tree. When you have a thought or feeling, you are aware of that thought or feeling. When you have a pleasurable or painful experience, you are aware of that experience. These seem to be true and obvious statements. Yet if you look at them very closely, you will find that in a subtle way their very structure contains a fundamental illusion, an illusion which is unavoidable when you use language. Thought and language create an apparent duality and a separate person where there is none.

By knowing yourself as the awareness in which phenomenal existence happens, you become free of dependency on phenomena and free of self seeking in situations, places, and conditions. In other words, what happens or doesn't happen is not that important anymore. Things lose their heaviness, their seriousness. A playfulness comes into your life. You recognize this world as a cosmic dance, the dance of form.

To let go of judgment does not mean that you don’t see what they do. It means that you recognize their behavior as a form of conditioning, and you see it and accept it as that. You don’t construct an identity out of it for that person.

What a liberation to realize that the "voice in my head" is not who I am. Who am I then? The one who sees that.
Only by awakening can you know the true meaning of that word.

When you don't cover up the world with words and labels, a sense of the miraculous returns to your life.

How do you let go of attachment to things? Don't even try. It's impossible. Attachment to things drops away by itself when you no longer seek to find yourself in them.

You do not become good by trying to be good, but by finding the goodness that is already within you, and allowing that goodness to emerge.

Nonresistance is the key to the greatest power in the universe.

Being spiritual has nothing to do with what you believe and everything to do with your state of consciousness.

We could say that the totality, life wants the sapling to become a tree, but the sapling doesn't see itself as separate from life and so wants nothing for itself. It is one with what life wants. That's why it isn't worried or stressed. And, if it has to die prematurely, it dies with ease.

Various Eckhart Tolle quotations.

The fear of being punished for supposed 'sin' is a strong one, but all I can say is this: any deity that promotes that is simply a reflection of the human ego, and neither loving nor spirit: a shadow on the wall.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 10:37 am

Jory wrote:
CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
Page 6666 of this thread, eh? Funny, cuz my friend's number on her McDonald's receipt the other day was 666 and my other friend got 666 somewhere in her life too that same day.

Oh crap Just what we need. having the devil on our side.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 11:17 am

Thanks for sharing those ideas, Kura.

I started cooking gumbo last night, and plan to finish this afternoon. I'll have a late lunch, and leave it for my housemates' dinner.

Got to remember to start the rice at the correct time. I've never used this rice cooker.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 11:25 am

Oh crap, I'm hungry. :?

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 12:54 pm

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
@xxzeromancerlovexx: I just have a really self-deprecating sense of humor where I don't mind how I look but I put down how I look in jokes and stuff. I want to lose weight, but only to prevent myself from getting medical problems when I'm older, not for the look of it. Though I wouldn't mind looking skinny. :)

Skinny doesn't always equal healthy. No matter what people who try to convince me think. Their ignorance makes me feel bad for them. I eat super healthy and just got done with nearly 40 minutes of exercise.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 6:36 pm

I know. Too skinny isn't good either. :)

In other news, the "impostor" has stopped posting, since I told the guy in his email that someone was impersonating him and then told the impostor on here that I know he's an impostor... but is he? It COULD be the same person, the person I know, messing with me.