Page 6144 of 7517 [ 120258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6141, 6142, 6143, 6144, 6145, 6146, 6147 ... 7517  Next

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 11:08 am

I want to stay in my warm house but I have to go to work today.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 1:27 pm

"Syaoran-kun!"

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

16 Mar 2017, 3:22 pm

Each day, I want to give whatever I do my best.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 3:54 pm

"Ne, Kuro-pipi?"

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 4:02 pm

I'm going shopping for my birthday. My birthday isn't until June but I am excited.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 4:26 pm

"Dango, dango, dango, Daikazoku...'

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 9:39 pm

I love soul. Northern soul, Motown, blue-eyed... anything from the 50s to the early 80s is gold to me. This is the REAL Rn'B, not the crap in the charts right now.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 9:46 pm

This eventally happened... 8O

This is the best possible ending to the best show I liked pre-pokemon obseesion. :cry: :mrgreen: :heart:

Then again it probably wasn't the best idea for Ally to make a towering wedding cake where she knew she would have to get it down a flight of stairs... :?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 9:58 pm

Does it hurt? Uhm, I don't know. But it IS annoying. :x

And no, I'm fine. I'll just walk it off.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 12:51 am

i expected to show up to class much earlier than had actually happened, today...then again, i also did not expect that today i would lock myself out my car for a third time. :roll: with the keys inside and everything, my drawings out for the world to see, phone, wallet in the microscopic center console, the whole enchilada.

i was only going to race to the art store across the street and back to buy some erasers....absentmindedly leaving the keys on the passenger seat, locking the car from inside and slamming the door. didn't realize the folly of my ways until i had already crosses the street. s**t.

here's the situation. the car us a 1990 toyota, with little lock "bars" on each door that have to be pulled to unlock. drivers side window, facing the street is very slightly open. i have skinny arms and wrists, but that little slit was far too narrow for me to worm my way in and pop open the lock. no way. the passenger's side window is totally sealed, that's the side where my key is, and it also happens to be the side that afces the sidewalk. now, this isn't exactly a bad neighborhood, it's one of the better spots in town and there's quite a few pedestrians that this hour, but i'm far from comfortable with leaving everything needed to start the thing and take off, right there for the world to see.

so i race into the art store across the street and buy my damn erasers. (83 cents) while it's being ringed up, i make an offhand mention that i have foolishly locked myself out of my camry and i need help. the clerk gives me some...short length of wire bent into a hook, and a wooden thing supposedly made from take and chopsticks. he says it's all he has, i shrug and take it, race back to my toyota.

it's of no use whatsoever, seeing as the door is locked, but using the contraption i am able to hook the wire onto the interior door handle through the opening in the window, and pull it a bit. i feel accomplished, even though i did nothing. this is where my mind starts to race. i return the useless apparatus to the store, and i stand around next to the car, staring, pacing looking more suspicious than usual as i think of my next cunning plan. tiem is running out, only 20 minutes left until my class starts. do i kick the rear right passenger window in and call it a day, explaining to my dad (and the insurance peeps) later? do i ask someone on the street to borrow a phone, to call my dad or a locksmith?

17 minutes left.

after debilitating a bit, i go with option B, i walk into a nearby italian eatery during slow hours, and ask to use their phone to call...someone, i don't even know who yet. an employee is already using it, i have to wait. s**t, again! my plan fades, as quickly as it came.
i walk back into the art store, i figure that if i manage to expend on the hook idea, and obtain a length of wire long and stiff enough to reach across the interior of the car, hook the keys and pull them tough the opening into the window, i may get off scot free. the problem is finding the right wire, most of their stock is brass and aluminum too thin, even if the entire length is folded, and i only have the 4 dollars on me that i used to buy the erasers.

12 minutes left.

i decide to go with aluminum, hopefully i can use it for something after i've managed to break in. i walk with the clerk (she went to high school with me, i bought an art piece from her that still hangs in my room) to the counter to buy the wire when i walk past the dowels.

THE DOWELS! long, tan, beautiful balsa dowels even cheaper than the wire while far more sturdy. screw the wire, i hatch a plan...i will buy the dowel, grab the other wire hook from earlier and tape it onto the end of the dowel, f**k the aluminum, use my invention to fish the keys from the other side of the car, and call it a day.
i'm ringed up, she gives me tape, i craft my tool, i race to the camry.

9 minutes left.

this is the moment of truth. i pray to every god ever created that i will hook the keys by the ring, pull them through the window and earn my freedom. if the tape bond is not strong enough and the two pieces fall apart to the car floor as the keys weigh the hook down, then i'm screwed, utterly finished, beyond saving, i miss my class, i have to leave all of it exposed as i walk the several kilometres home to retrieve the spare keys and just hope than another, more crafty thief does not have his way in my absence.

IT WORKS. ANGELS SING. MY FACE BRIGHTENS. i pull the keys through the window with extreme care and bathe in my self satisfaction. by this point, i have attracted a tiny audience, two men are watching me fish the keys through the windows, and it looks like they are rejoicing with me. i swear i hear a bloke on the street say "car thief..." under his breath. what do i care? i can explain to the cops later.

5 minutes left. the art store closes then, too.

i race back in there and i return their hook, which is not so useless as i had though, after all. i give it to the girl as the is talking to two other people about glues. "success?" "success!" (that wooden thing though...what's up with that?)

molecular biology awaits me. i end up being late after all, but i did enjoy the sound of the 2 litre 4 cylinder engine screaming through a tunnel as i refuse to let my own absentmindedness give me my first tardy of the semester.

now what do i do with the dowel?? :scratch:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 8:45 am

I want pancakes for breakfast.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 10:54 am

^I had pancakes for breakfast.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

17 Mar 2017, 3:15 pm

^ I had eggs for breakfast.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 3:20 pm

Itsumo demo.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 3:33 pm

I wonder where DataB4 and mikeman have been. 8O

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 3:36 pm

^I've been wondering the same, along with many other friends.