Page 6128 of 7519 [ 120299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6125, 6126, 6127, 6128, 6129, 6130, 6131 ... 7519  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 2:28 pm

I had a surreal dream about that Star Trek episode where Capt. Picard is tortured. :huh:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 2:32 pm

lehitorer beboker velisnoa et etzmecha

ahhhhhhhh

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 4:45 pm

I woke up with a monstrous cold :(

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 4:49 pm

^
Oh dear, that sucks. :o Hope you feel better soon!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 5:02 pm

I wonder if I just post such things to get sympathy. I don't need or want sympathy. :|

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 5:04 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I wonder if I just post such things to get sympathy. I don't need or want sympathy. :|

Everyone needs compassion from other people :)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 5:07 pm

^Sympathy isn't the same thing as compassion. Sympathy is empathizing too much with someone. Compassion is showing someone decent kindness and love.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 5:10 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
Sympathy is empathizing too much with someone.
Interesting.. Could you give me an example of this? and explain why it's a negative thing?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 5:13 pm

^I sympathize so much with people that I absorb their emotions and feel their pain. For instance, when I was writing a part of my book the other day, in which the main character has scars on her back that are peeling and breaking and opening, my back started to hurt.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 5:20 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^I sympathize so much with people that I absorb their emotions and feel their pain. For instance, when I was writing a part of my book the other day, in which the main character has scars on her back that are peeling and breaking and opening, my back started to hurt.

When it comes to emotions my opinion is that this can be both a good and a bad thing. The good being you can empathize with the other person. You can give to the other person, make them feel "seen". The bad thing is that you must shield yourself at times, and it can be hard to find a balance.

I like it if someone really understands my emotions. That I really get the feeling that they "see" me. You don't like it if others feel your pain?

I'm just asking because I'm not really sure I understand :)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 5:25 pm

I absorb other people's emotions without even realizing that what I'm feeling is not even my own feelings. It's worse in crowded, busy, noisy places.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 6:18 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I absorb other people's emotions without even realizing that what I'm feeling is not even my own feelings. It's worse in crowded, busy, noisy places.

Stand strong, young empath. Whilst this trait may be a curse at times, it is a blessing at others. You are the rare conduit to something really special.

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 7:52 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:

I Understand this very well, its something i deal with every moment of every day... People/crowds especially... I am terrible at understanding certain body language and people. However have a high sensitivity to how they are feeling.. Will often ask if someone is ok for them to tell me how i knew and that know one else picked it up! Yes the blessing and curse! hence why i think i have big issues walking into a crowded rooms, its not just the anxiety and the sensory overload, its like absorbing everyone's emotions at once... I say i dont need sympathy etc too but realise i do appreciate it, i just dont often know how to react which flusters me so think i dont want it when in reality i still have problems knowing how to deal with it... Its like getting a present from someone i hate it because i dont know how to react! lol but love giving gifts to others.... and yes i often feel others physical pain as well...

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 7:56 pm

^^Thank you. :)

^I can almost instantly sense if there's been an argument in a certain room, or if there's tension.

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 8:00 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^^Thank you. :)

^I can almost instantly sense if there's been an argument in a certain room, or if there's tension.

Yes! I was going to mention that.. Hence why i always prefer to be the first to arrive, then that way i am dealing with one person at a time that arrives rather than being bombarded with 20 people all at once that then also are all staring at you waiting for some type of human response! lol... Yes tension in a room is the most awkward, hence you will often find me outside in the driveway with 1 or two other people rather than paralyzed to the spot in a room and being hyper self aware!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 8:07 pm

Not helping matters is my tendency to try to please others and make them happy at the expense of my own energy and wellbeing.