Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 5:23 pm

When I was a child I loved nature. I could stand and look at a tree and be in awe over its shapes. People thought I was stupid or something. I seem to have lost this over the years. It's like a sixth sense has been destroyed. Anyone else with this experience?

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 7:16 pm

It comes and goes for me. I like the winter and the lakes, but after 20 years of the same bird calls and the same types of trees the mood to stop and observe just doesn't come as often.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 3:55 am

I wonder if it would come back, perhaps just temporarily, if I took psilocybin mushrooms? Not sure I want to try though.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 3:00 pm

Hey, i thought i was the only one this happened to! seriously.

so glad you wrote this. i was hypnotized by nature and animals. i would look at swaying branches fascinated, in a state of mild hypnosis. the sunrays pouring golden through branches. swaying objects and blinking lights - aspie paradise.

i lived for those sights. they are the strongest memories of my childhood, especially the bluish mountain that came toward me as my parents drove me to my grandparents, and their house that's kinda half rural, or whatever, the birds songs and occasional cows, the hedgehoge and turtle we saw once, and the feral cats in my parents' yard.

i started losing it age nine, and by ten or eleven just didnt have it anymore. dont believe in taking drugs, though. you just have to walk and look at nature and try to recapture this feeling.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 3:32 pm

felinesaresuperior wrote:
Hey, i thought i was the only one this happened to! seriously.

so glad you wrote this. i was hypnotized by nature and animals. i would look at swaying branches fascinated, in a state of mild hypnosis. the sunrays pouring golden through branches. swaying objects and blinking lights - aspie paradise.

i lived for those sights. they are the strongest memories of my childhood, especially the bluish mountain that came toward me as my parents drove me to my grandparents, and their house that's kinda half rural, or whatever, the birds songs and occasional cows, the hedgehoge and turtle we saw once, and the feral cats in my parents' yard.

i started losing it age nine, and by ten or eleven just didnt have it anymore. dont believe in taking drugs, though. you just have to walk and look at nature and try to recapture this feeling.
Interesting. Yeah, I had a great interest in everything drug related for some time but then I began to get paranoid about all kinds of things and I don't have much interest in it anymore. But I sometimes ponder whether I'm gonna become a criminal again and obtain some weed. Especially right now, as my mind feels like a frozen desert.