A question of gender: Would you rather be male or female?

Page 7 of 11 [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Would you rather be male, female, or neuter?
I am female, and am content being so. 31%  31%  [ 88 ]
I am female, but would rather be male. 18%  18%  [ 51 ]
I am female, but would rather be genderless. 22%  22%  [ 62 ]
I am male, and am content being so. 17%  17%  [ 48 ]
I am male, but would rather be female. 6%  6%  [ 18 ]
I am male, but would rather be genderless. 5%  5%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 282

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 9:13 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
Aridarr wrote:
D1nk0 wrote:
This may come as a shock to ya'all-but if I honestly would rather be Female.

*pulls out her trusty Garden Sheers* THAT CAN BE ARRANGED!! :twisted:

Snip snip!!

you know, it's this sort of stuff that just bothers me no end. Do you really, I mean truly in your heart of hearts believe that a woman is just a man with out a penis??(and testicles?)

think about it. I have heard this effluvia all my days and it is not even biologically correct.

Women are not men with out a penis/testicles. Cutting off a man's genitals does not make them a woman. Get with it.

Merle

Sinsboldly,

No male worth his salt thinks a woman is a castrated man, or anything less than that. Neither sex really knows what all is different with the other. Men and women are almost like AS and NT in that respect. If only everyone could realize the differences exist, and accomodate them.

amaren
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Apr 2008, 10:26 am

EvilKimEvil wrote:
I'm female. I relate to men better than women, and I often consider myself a man in a woman's body, but I like my body too much to change it, and I don't know what it would really be like to be male so . . . I'm content to remain the way I am.

I think something similar - while I'm sure I would rather be male, I would be a short, curvy, cutesy male - probably not very convincing. However, this is a very successful, typically good looking female body, so I think I'll keep it. Dressed right, the curves help - I get what I want more often, but I find female-only social events much less bearable than those with plenty of males, and have trouble finding good sparring female partners - girls are wimpy.

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 6:10 pm

I am happy and content being female--- it is all I have ever known to be. However, there are times when it would be REAL convenient to be male, if only for a short time. Here are those times:

1. At a concert/theater/etc when the line to the women's restrooms are snaking down the corridor but the men's room has many urinals and there is no line.

2. When I have to pee but I'm in a public area where there are no or limited bathrooms--- I really WISH I could just pee behind a tree or bush.

3. When I have to buy something like a car or deal with mechanics ( men really do give men better deals).

4. When I'm out jogging, it'd be nice to put on a "man" suit so that nasty ugly redneck guys don't keep honking their horns at me and saying disgusting things from their pick-up trucks.

merrybexxmas
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 May 2008, 5:02 am

i selected i am female but would rather be genderless.

it's not so much that i want to be genderless as it is that i want to be equal. and i want gender to be a non-issue.

in present day society, i think only a fool would choose to be a woman, but then i haven't had a lot of positive womanly experiences so it is difficult for me not think that way.

i learned at an early age the difference between boys and girls. i had a sister and a male cousin and we hung out together. my grandpa would give us money. my sis and i each got a dollar and my male cousin always got a fiver because he was a boy. grandpa came out and straight up said it most of the time.

when i was maybe six or so, the same male cousin and i were outside with our moms and several other folks. it was hot, so he took off his shirt. i was hot, so i took mine off, too. my mother could not have been more horrified. i had to put my shirt back on but he did not.

as a kid, i would ask for boy toys like race tracks with cars and action figure stuff for christmas but was told that stuff was for boys and i wasn't one so i just gave up.

when i was 14 or so this boy liked me and he opened the door for me and put his hand on my waist at a party. i told my friend about it like teenage girls do and it got back to him and his friends. i guess maybe his friends were teasing him about liking me, so the next time he had an audience, he felt it necessary to pick me up, turn me upside down, and carry me kicking and screaming down a hallway intending to put my head in the toilet just to prove to everyone that he did not like me.

most recently i left my job that i loved because i felt there was misogyny among the management. it wasn't the only reason i left, but that it had turned into something of a boys club definitely played a part in my decision to leave. i had valid complaints and had suffered several injustices along with several other female employees who have since either quit or been fired. but when we went to management, and upper management with our complaints, we were viewed as a bunch of crazy women and were largely ignored, or worse patronized.

i saw favoritism toward male employees including an instance when a woman was more qualified than a man but was getting paid less to do similar work. my friend lisa had worked there for a year, had a college degree, and was managing 5 employees. my bf had worked there three months, had no college degree, no employees, both had similar responsibilities, lisa was actually responsible for more square footage of the store and was making 50 cents less than my boyfriend.

these are just a few of the stories i have.

as far as men and women in the larger sense, when a man walks down an empty street alone and a large group of women are suddenly walking towards him, he never once gets afraid that they might overwhelm him, drag him into an alley, gang rape him, beat him to death, then rape him some more, then throw him in a dumpster.

and clothes always fit you when you're a boy. women's clothes just get uglier and more insulting every season. i recently bought some diva jeans from old navy. all i wanted was some all cotton jeans with no sparkles or weird pockets. old navy had 4 jeans types- the Diva, the Flirt, the Sweetheart, the Goddess.

boys clothes look basically the same every year and the sizes makes sense. my stupid diva jeans are a size 4 but i think i could wear a 2 and i am probably really a size 6. i know i like a 31 or 32 in boys jeans. and a 31 or 32 is always a 31 or 32 in boys jeans.

men also aren't expected to shave under their arms. i quit shaving the pits about 2 years ago and never looked back. i was giving myself eyestrain trying to see if i got every last hair. i would literally see stars.

it's okay for men to be fat. i get tired of the sitcoms with the fat man married to the thin wife. it is also okay for a man to age.

insurance companies had to be taken to court to be forced to cover oral contraceptives for women, but they paid for Viagara without thinking twice about it.

male breasts are not considered sexual or "dirty" even if they are large and pendulous like a woman's.

there are certainly advantages to being female if you are a barbie girl and/or if you enjoy playing mind games with/manipulating people, but neither of those is really me.

gamer chic is more the way i identify myself. there are certain situations where it can be fun to be the only girl watching football or playing video and card games with the guys.

the thing i like most about being female is my ability multi-task, my affection for words, and the general complexity of my personality. those things i attribute to being female.

being an asperger on a whole wheat bun, i have to say that i find the emotional part of being female very trying and difficult to manage. i am very logical and there is no logic in emotion. i often feel as if i am the lovechild of a betazoid and a vulcan.

i don't think a day goes by that i don't shed a tear for some reason or another. today surprise visitors triggered it. i've got the cleanest eyes in the neighborhood. i never see men burst into tears over anything.

i feel like there are two distinct mes [not in a multiple personality sense] in my head. logical me both soothes and abuses emotional me in turn and i often find it difficult to reconcile the two.

hope this is the kind of info you were looking for. :]

one more:

mother's day was a holiday created by the eisenhower administration to encourage women to stay at home and have babies and not work.

kittylover
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 May 2008, 1:54 pm

I would much rather be female. I've been very depressed for years that I'm male, and have contemplated suicide over it many times. I'm finally getting close to starting hormones, which is exciting.

I feel ugly all the time - I hate mirrors. I just wish I could look like an average woman. I don't want to look "hot", as it would be more attention than I could handle. I do want decent feminine body features so that people recognize me as female though.

I'm a skilled computer programmer, working at a company that is 90% men. I'm worried that when I come out, my friends and coworkers will reject me, refusing to associate with me except as required for work.

I'm not particularly girly. I like video games, don't have much interest in fashion, and watch stereotypically male movies and shows.

I don't have any female friends, except online. I feel like even if I were accepted as female, I couldn't have male friends anymore due to how the dynamics would change. Like, I couldn't associate with any male friends that were married.

As male, I'm asexual, but as female I'd probably be bisexual.

Loli-kun
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Dec 2009, 8:45 am

(Note I didn't notice til after I posted this that I was in the Women's Discussion so I'm going to leave this but if its a problem I can remove it)
Well I'm fine with being Male but if I could have chosen my gender I would have been Female. This stems from my entire personality, interests, traits, mannerisms etc being feminine and/or female. I won't go into details here since I've posted about that already in a couple other threads and it will take too long.

My passions from a common spring.
(Excerpt From "Alone" By E.A. Poe)

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 8:58 pm

Female, would rather be genderless

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2009, 6:47 am

I'm content being female, and am thankful that I am (the bullying in high school would have been much more worse and violent if I was a guy)

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2009, 8:25 pm

blue_bean wrote:
I'm content being female, and am thankful that I am (the bullying in high school would have been much more worse and violent if I was a guy)

Probably not, actually.

I'm female, and I still got attacked in second year...

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 3:18 am

While I'm sick of gender stereotypes playing such an important role in life, I think I'd rather stay female. While some of my Aspie-ish behavior is more masculine, certain behaviors that passes me off as a cute but shy girl would make me into a really creepy guy. I'd rather not put people through that.

I can't stand female drama (except in the case of furious feminists) so I try to use more rational guy behavior as a model for responding to things. I don't like emotionally getting caught up in things, so I respect guys for that... I don't like it when guys take advantage of women though, or give women advantages like letting them into a party they were uninvited to BECAUSE they have boobs. I'll admit, I've used this behavior to my advantage once or twice but I wish guys wouldn't encourage it, and I wish girls wouldn't let it dictate their behavior and allow themselves to be objectified.

So, in that case, f**k both genders. While I'm comfortable being female, I'd rather be genderless.

Daniella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2010, 6:43 pm

pinkbowtiepumps wrote:
While I'm sick of gender stereotypes playing such an important role in life, I think I'd rather stay female. While some of my Aspie-ish behavior is more masculine, certain behaviors that passes me off as a cute but shy girl would make me into a really creepy guy. I'd rather not put people through that.

YES

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 1:29 am

pinkbowtiepumps wrote:

I can't stand female drama (except in the case of furious feminists) so I try to use more rational guy behavior as a model for responding to things. I don't like emotionally getting caught up in things, so I respect guys for that... I don't like it when guys take advantage of women though, or give women advantages like letting them into a party they were uninvited to BECAUSE they have boobs. I'll admit, I've used this behavior to my advantage once or twice but I wish guys wouldn't encourage it, and I wish girls wouldn't let it dictate their behavior and allow themselves to be objectified.

So, in that case, f**k both genders. While I'm comfortable being female, I'd rather be genderless.

This.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2010, 1:14 pm

I'd still rather be male, than female. I feel like a man trapped in a woman's body.

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 9:21 am

I'd much rather be male. I DO have gender dysphoria ;)

I even identify as hermaphrodite on one forum, partly for the lulz and partially for the way I feel.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 8:00 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'd still rather be male, than female. I feel like a man trapped in a woman's body.

Yeah, me too. I have gender dysphoria and have considered doing something about it, but currently, other things are of a higher priority in my life.

When I'm focused on doing something, and living a solitary life, I can conveniently forget about the gender dysphoria. When I just don't think about gender at all, everything seems less complicated.

It's when I have a job, social life, etc that it becomes harder to ignore.

PS - I know of a good tg forum if anyone's interested (PM me).

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 11:35 am

That's a good question. Are any women actually happy being a women? It seems like our whole life is just one big case of PMS and hating our physical appearance and starving ourselves and wearing horribly uncomfortable and painful female garments and, of course, having to cope with MEN. :roll: