Ladies, do you notice your cycle effects your ASD/AS?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 4:10 pm

Just curious.

I'm always at my best all round during menstruation, in terms of AS characteristics I tend to find it easier to be social, affectionate, intimate and I generally have a clearer mind, this can continue into my follicular phase, but luteal phase I become far less social, more likely to have meltdowns and experience worse sensory issues.

I don't consider myself as suffering from PMS, but hormones and cycles certainly effect my personality enough to see a change - I wonder where is the line between how our cycles effect our mental and emotional selves and it being classed as PMS, hhmmm.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2011, 4:11 pm

i become worse in every way when i'm PMSing.

bethmc
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Mar 2011, 6:07 pm

PMS definitely makes everything worse!

I am definitely more antisocial but that's probably a good thing because I shouldn't even be out in public because I'm so short-tempered during that time (the rest of the time is not nearly as bad).

i can (obviously) come off as really abrupt and my tone can sound sharpish, so feel free to ask me to clarify

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2011, 1:01 pm

bethmc wrote:
PMS definitely makes everything worse!

I am definitely more antisocial but that's probably a good thing because I shouldn't even be out in public because I'm so short-tempered during that time (the rest of the time is not nearly as bad).

Me too!
My boyfriend knows to keep at arms length when i'm PMSing, or he won't have his balls long. :lol:

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2011, 8:37 pm

i'm more tolerant of others during ovulation but before my period I think of my energy as being more sensitive to the crap in my life that I shouldn't put up with anyway. It's like a filter that helps me clean out the unnecessary elements. I don't mind it. It helps me streamline things. I'm always just as sensitive to stimuli, it seems, though. And I'm still socially awkward.

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 10:04 am

I tend to feel my worst around my cycle. As in, my personality takes a turn for the much worse.

It's unusual that you find yourself feeling so well. I've never heard that response before! But it's certainly interesting. I remember my mom saying she felt the best she'd ever felt when she was pregnant with me. Maybe it's a similar effect?

PinkFeelingBlue
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2011, 1:04 pm

I'll have maybe one day of high energy, well for me, and general good spirits. But the rest of the time I am a monster. Quick tempered, easily annoyed, meltdowns. Of course I get all the great things that come with PMS and menstruation, breakouts all over, cramps, backaches, headaches, not being able to stand up or walk a lot because suddenly gravity is my enemy.