Leave only a "landing strip" 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
Trim it 27%  27%  [ 35 ]
Leave it natural 36%  36%  [ 47 ]
Total votes : 130

the_grand_autismo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jul 2013, 7:43 pm

Wow, the aspie literal-mindedness hit me really hard on this one. I was thinking "what do you do with your pubes," as in, "what do you do with them if you have a pile of them after shaving or trimming or whatever?" I was like... "throw them away, of course!! !"

I then imagined the poll having an option for people who claimed they save them in jars-- ew ew ew.

EmberEyes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jul 2013, 7:48 pm

the_grand_autismo wrote:
Wow, the aspie literal-mindedness hit me really hard on this one. I was thinking "what do you do with your pubes," as in, "what do you do with them if you have a pile of them after shaving or trimming or whatever?" I was like... "throw them away, of course!! !"

I then imagined the poll having an option for people who claimed they save them in jars-- ew ew ew.

You just made me laugh so hard I almost had an accident. :oops:

wildcoyotedancer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jul 2013, 11:18 pm

If I'm not in a sexual relationship, I don't trim or shave my pubes except if I'm swimming then I'll shave what sticks out past bathing suit line. But if I'm in a sexual relationship I shave because it makes oral sex nicer and I enjoy being on the receiving end and now when I shave there it gets me in the mood and has become sort of a personal Aspie ritual in a way. Conversely I appreciate when guys trim their pubic area but doesn't need to be shaved, just trimmed for the reason that hair in mouth or teeth during oral sex is a turn off. I don't associate men who like shaved private areas as pedophiles but as men who like to give a girl oral sex lol

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 11:56 pm

I try to smite them. Tradional hair removal methods left me w/ pain, rashes, itching, and permanent scars and cysts due to massive amounts of ingrowns.

So now I just send them bad juju hoping they'll shrivel up and die.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 12:10 am

[intrusion=male]

Actually, hairlessness provides a better view of the action. It's "interesting" to be able to see what's going on!

[/intrusion]

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 2:39 am

I trim them really short and shave the bikini line. Shaved them all off a couple of times before, but it is a massive effort to make and you just end up stubbly down there, which makes sex more difficult.

As a queer woman, I don't like a full bush. I mean, they can be pretty erotic to look at, but I wouldn't want to give oral to someone with one. I like them shaved but trimmed very short is okay too.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 12:25 pm

I trim the hair down with scissors then shave the rest. Then straight after shaving, I put on moisturizer straight away to prevent sore rashes from coming up. It always works. Well, I still get a bit of a rash but they don't itch or sting at all, which is much better. I cannot bear itching.

My mum spotted 3 or 4 hairs on the back of one of my legs the other day, just below my shorts. I must have missed them when I was trying my hardest to shave there. I am now in a constant panic because I saw my new boyfriend the day before and he was kissing and touching my bum and all of that area (we still had clothes on) and I'm just hoping to God that he didn't notice those hairs. I have brownish-blonde hair but pubic hairs always come up darker for some reason.

I find shaving such an ordeal, and is very time consuming. I make myself shave myself all over once or twice a week. It seems women have to do it even more than men, and yet when I think of the word ''shave'' it always brings ''something men do'' to mind. :?

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 3:48 pm

^ If he did see a few hairs (he was probably too turned on to notice) he's a f*****g wuss if he was put off by them. Little things like finding a spot that someone forgot to shave can actually be quite arousing for me - but I find body hair in general quite nice. I would honestly prefer a full bush if it weren't for oral.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 3:21 pm

Any guy who can't cope with a little bit of body hair on their partner should probably date a blow-up doll.
Or a snooker ball.

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2013, 11:37 pm

I trim down there only because it's so effective in eliminating odor. It's not done for any sexual reasons since I'm asexual and not sexually active.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 9:43 am

:-) I trim too.
I just think it feels nicer for me personally, especially now that Summer has arrived.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 9:50 am

Willard wrote:
EsotericResearch wrote:
Unlike the leg, which some people might have an issue with because it's visible, I do not understand why people would shave their genitalia unless they are very athletic. It doesn't seem logical.

Logic has nothing to do with it. Its pure aesthetics. It just looks cleaner and neater and its certainly considerate of your partner when it comes to sex. Nobody likes hair in their teeth. :eew:

Could you tell me, whats so horrible about having randomly from now and then my partners hair in my teeth, the last 14 years I wouldnt have known, that there was something so horrible about them? I mean normally he washes himself daily, so there is no huge amount of loose hair, only one from now and then, and they are they same as the one he has on his head, so you simply remove it and its done. Do you freak about your partners headhair as well?

@Topic What looks out of the bathsuit, gets removed, but I prefer rather cozy bath suits (sportssuits), so its not that much.

former_hermit
Raven
Raven

12 Jul 2013, 1:26 am

I voted "shave it all off" but I don't. It was just the most accurate. I shave just the triangle and trim the hard-to-reach areas rather than double myself over to awkwardly try to shave the whole of it.

former_hermit
Raven
Raven

12 Jul 2013, 1:28 am

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
Any guy who can't cope with a little bit of body hair on their partner should probably date a blow-up doll.
Or a snooker ball.

Probably, but I don't shave for anybody else. I shave for my own preference. He's fine with it either way. I know because for the first year we were together I didn't shave anything.

RudeGoldbergMachine
Raven
Raven

12 Jul 2013, 10:44 am

To answer my own question, I wax the bikini area, shave around the... orifices, and trim the rest short. I've never talked to my current love about it; he doesn't groom his at all and I don't care; and this is the way I prefer for my own comfort and appearance, so it doesn't much matter. I always assume it makes a difference for oral on a woman, though.

Anemone
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 4:10 pm

metaldanielle wrote:
I try to smite them. Tradional hair removal methods left me w/ pain, rashes, itching, and permanent scars and cysts due to massive amounts of ingrowns.

So now I just send them bad juju hoping they'll shrivel up and die.

I found that scratching the same place too much killed the roots, so now I have a bald patch in the top middle. That's sort of like smiting them, isn't it?