Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 7:36 pm

I only have a period once every six mouths or so, how do I tell If I'm still ovulating regularly?
I still PMS regularly.
(I might have PCOS, as it runs in my family, however my testosterone is normal)

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

leahbear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Mar 2019, 4:27 pm

The best way to tell if you’re ovulating or not is to track your cycles. You take your temperature every morning and after you ovulate it goes up and stays up from the progesterone. Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a good book if you’re curious about the details.

You can have normal testosterone levels and still have PCOS. I do. It might be a good idea to see a doctor about your long cycles. You’re supposed to bleed at least once every 3 months for the health of your uterine lining. Your doctor can prescribe progesterone pills and when you stop taking them it brings on a period.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:56 pm

leahbear wrote:
The best way to tell if you’re ovulating or not is to track your cycles. You take your temperature every morning and after you ovulate it goes up and stays up from the progesterone. Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a good book if you’re curious about the details.

You can have normal testosterone levels and still have PCOS. I do. It might be a good idea to see a doctor about your long cycles. You’re supposed to bleed at least once every 3 months for the health of your uterine lining. Your doctor can prescribe progesterone pills and when you stop taking them it brings on a period.

Thanks

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia