Page 5 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

PoseyBuster88
Toucan
Toucan

09 Dec 2019, 1:29 pm

I thought I would want lots of kids because I like kids...but then I realized each kid you have is another human in the house making noise, wanting to socialize, making messes...it is incredibly stressful, no matter how much you love them. So I completely understand those who have no kids by choice, or stop after 1 kid.

(Written while hiding under a blanket because there was too much going on in my house, haha.)

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2019, 1:33 pm

I love kids, but after having just one, I don’t understand how some families can manage having several.

The sleep factor alone...

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2019, 12:17 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
I love kids, but after having just one, I don’t understand how some families can manage having several.

I didn't sleep for like five years and it destroyed me.
Fortunately, my soon-to-be-ex husband got up with the baby (my youngest) most of the time and let me sleep in as much as I needed. He can handle getting less sleep better than I can.
It helps that my toddler is an excellent sleeper.
I'm totally done though. I have three. That's way more than enough! But I love children.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

Lukario
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2019, 10:23 am

I don't know if I want to be a parent but if it happens it could be a good change.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2019, 10:31 am

martianprincess wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

I didn't sleep for like five years and it destroyed me.
Fortunately, my soon-to-be-ex husband got up with the baby (my youngest) most of the time and let me sleep in as much as I needed. He can handle getting less sleep better than I can.
It helps that my toddler is an excellent sleeper.
I'm totally done though. I have three. That's way more than enough! But I love children.

I’m still not getting great sleep and my son is turning nine next month. Oy vey!

He has restless legs syndrome and sleep apnea which we’re trying to get sorted out.

He’s never been a good sleeper. My mom gives me a break every now and then which I’m grateful for.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2020, 4:35 pm

I was eight years old, and on my way home from school, and still on the school grounds when I decided not to ever get married or have kids. I am 60 now, and never changed my mind. I was always picked on by other people, both at home, and outside the home, the whole time I was growing up, and I guess by the time I was 8, I had decided I'd rather not have to live with people when I grew up. When I was 12 I realized that I was an introvert, and that I was better off as a solitary person. Unfortunately, life circumstances prevented me from living alone till I was in my mid 40s, but I have been living alone since then, and like it much better than living with others. No offense meant toward my relatives, but I never want to live with others again.

o0Kalei0o
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jan 2020, 12:09 am

I've never really wanted kids. I never was (and still am not) In a position where I could responsibly raise one. But I wasn't sure I never wanted to have kids until last year when my sister had her first child. All the noise from the baby and her toys drives me nuts. Plus you have to pay attention practically every second of every day with no time to yourself and it's tiring whenever I have to watch her. I definitely could not do it full time.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 5:53 pm

I waited long enough for my freedom so children definitely aren't welcome in my world. I've never wanted them anyway and don't even like them.

darkwaver
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jan 2020, 4:47 pm

There has never been a time that I've ever felt like I wanted children - even as a child I remember just knowing that I never would. Seems like I don't have that particular instinct.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2020, 3:56 pm

If I do have a kid, I'd like to adopt. My older sister has been quite vocal about not wanting children. I remember when I was fourteen we had a conversation about how it'll be up to me if our parents end up with grandkids on not. Since I'm the only other child. I wasn't out to my family as gay at the time, but they suspected I might be. When I came out to my mother at age eighteen she told me that she'd suspected as much but had assumed that I'd end up coming out in my mid twenties instead. In fact she even asked me at one point when I was fourteen about it.

Although my parents haven't pushed the idea of grandkids, they have brought it up before. My dad has mentioned finding it strange that some people take issue with adopted kids, and that he wouldn't have a problem if one of us ended up adopting. That it wouldn't make a difference to him. Plus, he's also talked about how he hopes that I talk positively about him to any potential future family when he dies. Yeah, my dad is rather openly morbid. He's the kind of person to talk about his own mortality and then discuss the weather afterwards.

Now, as for my mum she has remarked about how she won't have to worry about grandkids for a while. This led to silence from everyone else in the room. My parents haven't tried to convince my sister otherwise when she has said things such as "and this is why I don't want kids" or "I am never having children". Remarks she's been making since she was twenty (possibly younger) and still makes at age twenty-six. I'm glad they don't seem to be pressuring her and her boyfriend. Unfortunately I have heard about plenty of parents who do, especially when their child is in a long-term relationship which is the case for my sister. Not sure if they are taking her comments seriously or whether they assume that she will change her mind.

I've never made any statements to them regarding if I want children. Whether or not I'd make a good mother I don't know. Right now I'm just trying to get through University/College. Maybe if I meet someone in the future and we both want kids...I could be open to the possibility.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2020, 7:53 pm

Never had a crush, never want a boyfriend and never dreamed of marriage.
Long before I realized I was different, I already knew I wouldn't want to marry and have kids. I also knew I don't wanna be a mother or at least incline to be one.

I choose not to have kids because it's purely a choice, period.

I wouldn't mind having one, taking care of one, raising one too maybe. I even like children, I don't mind spending time mostly with any.
Don't mind having one for an obligation -- if anything I might've been a stronger person with it.
Don't even mind if the child turned out to be a ungrateful bastard -- because I'm one and I'd know what it was like. :lol: Also I may not give a damn who the father is if I happened to be pregnant for whatever reasons might be.

Anyways, my own plan and choice is not to have a child. I don't feel like wanting one. Yet I'm also open having one if circumstances calls it.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2020, 8:57 pm

I'm never having children, mostly because I don't like them and have no interest in giving up my life so that someone else may live theirs. Even if I wanted children, I require too much support for my autism for me to ever make a decent mother.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2020, 12:57 pm

Well said.

WildColonial
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2020, 6:59 pm

I adore kids, especially my stepdaughter, nephew, and niece, but I’m scared that I wouldn’t be a good mother. I work in child welfare and see so many cases where I think, “That could be me, without the support I have now.”

“‘Why was I chosen?’ ‘Such questions cannot be answered,’ said Gandalf. ‘You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess: not for power or wisdom, at any rate. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.’”

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2020, 8:24 pm

I have decided I'm not having any kids. I have enough trouble taking care of myself sometimes, I don't want to be responsible for another human being.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2020, 7:01 pm

i don't want children. when i was 15 i thought, "i don't want to have children now but i'm not saying i that still wont want to in 10 years." i'm 25 now and i still don't want children, and so it seems more likely that i never will.