tee shirts with messages written on them (suggestive ones)

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 5:34 am

Hi people, have you seen those shirts that have things like "stop pretending you don't want me" on the front. I do not get why peoples wear stuff that has that written on it. have you seen these kinds of shirts? what i do not like is that shirts like that are made for little girls, creeps me out seeing a 10 year old with "little s&^t " or something like that written on her tshirt.

I remember when a clothes store forced its employees(females) to wear a similar shirt and sent a store manager home when she refused and showed up in something else. they stopped doing it after a public outcry when the story was in the local paper.

i don't see those shirts around anymore, do you?

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 6:15 am

This site has lots of t-shirts like that.

http://www.jerkassclothing.com

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 6:18 am

yes, the trend seems to have more or less passed.

I agree, it was pretty gross.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 12:49 pm

tweety_fan wrote:
Hi people, have you seen those shirts that have things like "stop pretending you don't want me" on the front. I do not get why peoples wear stuff that has that written on it. have you seen these kinds of shirts? what i do not like is that shirts like that are made for little girls, creeps me out seeing a 10 year old with "little s&^t " or something like that written on her tshirt.

I remember when a clothes store forced its employees(females) to wear a similar shirt and sent a store manager home when she refused and showed up in something else. they stopped doing it after a public outcry when the story was in the local paper.

OMFG!

I used to have a bunch of those :D. One of them said: I dont smoke crack, I LICK it :lol: I really miss that one.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 4:34 pm

i love those kinda shirts. I have one about the flying monkeys.... it's my favorite and gets the most chuckles...

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 6:31 pm

I had a friend who wore pants with the words "foxy" on her ass in FIFTH GRADE.

8O

Lurv
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 May 2008, 6:40 pm

Heh, I once saw a girl wearing a shirt that said "look me in the eyes when I'm talking with you" on the front. :lol: Or maybe just look me in the eyes, don't quite remember. I would have liked a shirt like that, but I don't think I have much need for it (having small breasts and all).

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 6:43 am

I hate them, they're so tacky!! Especially when you see really ugly or really fat people wearing really suggestive ones (that sounds really mean but I'm sure you know what I mean). And young children in them... I know a few stores that sell g-strings for 6-year-olds - there is so much wrong with that I don't know where to begin!

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 7:21 pm

Simmian7 wrote:
i love those kinda shirts. I have one about the flying monkeys.... it's my favorite and gets the most chuckles...

The one about the flying monkeys?

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 7:47 pm

Simmian7 wrote:

If your shirt is the same one I've seen a few times, you and the OP are thinking about different types of shirts. If I'm interpreting the original post correctly, she means the suggestive t-shirts that allude (whether subtly or overtly) to sex. Shirts like, "Sexy and single," "I'm so hot," and "I like sex" (my memory is shabby on these things; there's tons more). They're not the same as funny t-shirts.

I never liked those; never saw why they became popular. I haven't seen too many of them either, come to think of it; I'm glad.

Three years!

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 8:36 pm

There are a few annoying ones like the one where the text gets smaller and smaller like an eye-test. There's the temptation for me then to stare at the chest just to read what's written. From my one experience of doing this it's usually something like "stop looking at my breasts".

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 5:21 am

I hate the ones with the overused political statements on them: "Stop Global Warming", "Save The Whales", "Bring Back The 80's", "No More War".
They just seem like a cheap/fake way to look intelligent and to look in touch with world issues. (Australian teen clothing store, Supre sells them :? )
I personally havent seen any sex slogan shirts. Maybe I've been filtering them out of my vision field :lol:

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 5:49 am

Every now and then I find myself thinking I should start making my own.

Honestly, it would be cool if a lot of people started wearing things they actually thought. . . I keep thinking I should make myself a "God help America" shirt, preferably converted from something with a more conventionally patriotic image on it to start with. . .

An I think it would be entirely awesome to see someone walking down the hall at school wearing a shirt that said "competence is sexy"--after all, it is. . . and I totally wish more people knew it. . .

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

06 May 2008, 8:07 am

tweety_fan wrote:

In NZ, there are still quite a LOT of them in stores.
I saw one the other day that said..."Wanted, Mr Right". I think thats pretty stupid. I've also seen another one that said..."People like you are the reason that people like me take medication". Thats insulting and I can't believe people would agree to make shirts that say those sort of things.

Although some of these shirts are really stupid, there are some good ones and some funny ones. I have one and it has a picture of a Monkey holding a gun to his head and underneath it says..."Can't live without Banana". I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I think thats pretty funny. :lol:

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 12:14 pm

I find that many kids (10 and under) don't even understand what the shirts mean, so I don't see that much of a harm.

I however do not agree with shirts like this in the work place, the funny ones like 'slackers unite! Tomarrow' are fine, but the real suggestive ones I don't like.... work is supposed to have a professional enviroment (The place I work at least)

Two shirts that has gotten very popular in Newfoundland since the McCartney's seal hunt protest, they where to make fun of the fact that they placed the baby seals in danger by touching them (Mother seals abandon babies that have been touched, and baby seals are not hunted)

they say "Save a seal, club a beatle" and "I club baby seals" (the playing cards club)

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2008, 2:41 pm

blue_bean wrote:
I hate the ones with the overused political statements on them: "Stop Global Warming", "Save The Whales", "Bring Back The 80's", "No More War".
They just seem like a cheap/fake way to look intelligent and to look in touch with world issues. (Australian teen clothing store, Supre sells them :? )
I personally havent seen any sex slogan shirts. Maybe I've been filtering them out of my vision field :lol:

God I hate Supre with a passion, that has to be the most revolting store I've ever had the displeasure of going in. They have it in New Zealand too, and it's just... yuck.

What gets me is they have this whole 'Save the Whales' thing going on in the wake of the protestors and the Japanese whaling boat, yet where are the collection boxes on the counter? Where are the campaign forms on the counter to fill in and send off? Where's anything to show they actually give a toss beyond a few slogan t-shirts that will only send profits to them?!