Page 9 of 9 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 6:12 pm

What I stated above isn't the norm--but it still is fairly common among people I have encountered in my life.

It's definitely not true for everyone--but like other posters stated, if one is raised in abuse, one will only think in terms of abuse.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 6:39 pm

In my case, I have already been used to an abusive situation because of my childhood. I never preferred or sought out abusive relationships. But I was more tolerant of abusive behavior and didn't recognize some behaviors as abusive because they weren't drastically different from those I'd already experienced.

Besides, having autism makes it a little more difficult for me to recognize and appropriately respond to these behaviors.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 7:20 am

mitharatowen wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
Because they are stupid and pitiful. Because they don't know what's best for them. Because they secretly want to be abused, believing they deserve to be beaten black & blue. Abused women will go top incredible lengths to protect and enable the POS men they married.

Think about it.

I'd have to say that I strongly disagree with this one. I have heard people say this before and I think it is bull. Why the hell would anyone want to be abused?? No one wants to be abused. Even the women who are in really deep are unhappy with the way they are treated. It has much more to do with self-esteem.. they don't believe that they actually deserve better or they believe that better men wouldn't want them because they are flawed/not good enough. They don't want to be abused. They just might not know any different, as mentioned earlier, or they might be scared or they might just 'love' the jerkface.

No one wants to be treated like crap, everyone wants to feel special and to feel loved.

I hate it when people imply that such women enjoy the abuse. Try it. I doubt you will enjoy it.

Come to Baltimore, a lot of the girls around here like being with guys that abuse them. I have friends that have been told they are "too nice." and have been broken up with. I have had friends that have been taken advantage of and I have been taken advantage of in the past, but girls who were manipulative. Those type of girls like guys to push them around. An ex of mine even wrote fan fiction of male characters that would act like jerks and abuse her in her stories. I was nice to her and she pushed me around.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2016, 5:21 am

Look around and see how popular Fifty Shades of Grey is among women.

And how the protagonist is praised while he's an abusive character.

:lol: :lol:

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2016, 9:02 am

Let's be fair, the guy is rich....lot of gold diggers.