Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 1:05 pm

Okay, I'm putting together an autism questionnaire focusing specifically on adults, since there are no professional diagnostic questionnaires out there in that respect. I'm hoping that this can be used as part of research and regular diagnosis, as one tool of the larger repertoire. Right now, it is in the beginning stages, with the first real draft ready. But I still need people to take it so I can get a baseline and also tweak it some more.

I am calling it The Autism Scale for Expressive Adults or the TASEA (pronounced "tassy").

I was wondering if some of the members of WP might be interested in helping me test it out. It's not in an electronic format, just in Word, and I will be self-scoring it so it may take me a little while to get back with you with your scores. If you're interested, please PM me and I can either paste it into the return PM or I can send it to you as an email attachment; whichever you're most comfortable with.

Thanks! :D

PS- After doing the questionnaire, if you want to give feedback or suggestions, you're welcome to do so. Also, I will soon be putting out a more simplified version to match this one in case some auties find this version too difficult to fill out, since it does use a 9-point scale on most questions.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 1:10 pm

I'm 46 y/o, self-diagnosed, and I volunteer if this profile suits your needs. Adult aspies are totally overlooked, especially in my country.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 1:23 pm

I'll do it also.

scumsuckingdouchebag
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 1:30 pm

No diagnosis(may be NT), but I'll take it.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 1:31 pm

I think it is good to be inclusive of adults (about bloody time!), though I tend to think a universal test or series of tests that acts a snapshot for analysis might be a better idea. You'd have probably have guessed that already.

Are you still doing the brain bank? Got to hope my brain doesn't turn out a hot, sticky, gooey mush on the walls by the time I make my submission. Honestly Sophist, you're really twisting my arm here. OK I'll do it for you. :wink:

tantopat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2008, 1:47 pm

Are adults with AS as well as classic autism included here? If so, I'll participate! :)

Semi_Lost_Serenity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2008, 2:05 pm

I am also working on an adult autistic survey. May be we could help each other out :)

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 2:29 pm

I have just started a group at my son's college where adult autistics and parents of adult autistics are getting together to talk about real problems and working together on how to solve them. Maybe some good questionaire material will come out of that.

My whole family, including me, are on the spectrum. When my son turned 21, he was offered services that are turning out to have rules against things that would really benefit autistic people, in particular, but, not so much, other disabled people.

It's a tax payer issue. Tax payers want to know that their taxes pays for things like wheel chairs but they question services where someone gets hired to watch my son trying to be independent in a new situation and be the safety net with prompts, if my son needs it. My son is moving forward and becoming more and more independent and happy about his progress but he would have melted down and been very phobic without the safety net help he has had.

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 2:45 pm

54 female self dx AS. I wl be glad to help.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 2:50 pm

54 female self dx AS. I wl be glad to help.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 2:51 pm

57 year old self diagnosed Asperger's Syndrome/Autistic is glad to help, Sophist

Merle

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 2:56 pm

I'm in, always hip to dive into myself for enlightenment.-though I'm incredibly long winded.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

ClosetAspy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2008, 3:48 pm

Absolutely, anything that can help others understand us and us understand others is great.

I'd like to see more relating to ASD's in the workplace. If ASD's are on the increase, which it seems they are, this could be an issue for employers down the road. Right now we adults are pretty much invisible. There is diversity training for different cultures, but not for different thinkers.

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 3:53 pm

I really don't think I am asd at all but woudl like to know if I have any traite that may have been passed on. Oh you have mail (pm) :)

gwynfryn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 4:03 pm

Sophist wrote:
Okay, I'm putting together an autism questionnaire focusing specifically on adults, since there are no professional diagnostic questionnaires out there in that respect.
I am calling it The Autism Scale for Expressive Adults or the TASEA (pronounced "tassy").

I was wondering if some of the members of WP might be interested in helping me test it out. It's not in an electronic format, just in Word, and I will be self-scoring it so it may take me a little while to get back with you with your scores. If you're interested, please PM me and I can either paste it into the return PM or I can send it to you as an email attachment; whichever you're most comfortable with.

Thanks! :D

PS- After doing the questionnaire, if you want to give feedback or suggestions, you're welcome to do so. Also, I will soon be putting out a more simplified version to match this one in case some auties find this version too difficult to fill out, since it does use a 9-point scale on most questions.

It's already been done (or tried) by Leif and Inger, and it's ultimately futile; they just amend the scores to suit those they want to recruit!

A better, and far more objective test of your "autism", is based on the originator (long dead) of a theory of personality, which you can try here (and elsewhere on this site, if you care to search for it):

http://chandlermacleod.com/cmbestfit/content/btw.cfm

If you are afraid to find what you really are, don't try this test...or else make excuses about why you couldn't complete it!

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2008, 4:35 pm

What's your profession and what's your degree?