A mathematically generalized definition of rape

Page 1 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

barney
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jul 2010, 1:28 pm

In the turn of the Twentieth Century, momentum was defined as mass times velocity. But the discovery that photons, which have no mass, have energy of Plank's constant times frequency changed that. By taking E=mc^2=(mc)c and setting mc as mass times velocity - even if the phohas no mass or calling it momentim or p, E=pc=Plank's constant times frequency, we set p=Plank's constant times frequency divided by c which is Plank's constant divided by wavelength. This momentum of a photon was proved by conservation of momentum when a photon Compton scatters an electron. All this proves that you do not have to have mass to have momentum.

It is the same with rape, you do not have to involve sex organs to commit rape any more than you have to have mass to have momentum. All you have to have is the rapist violating the intimacy of the victim's body solely for selfish physical pleasure and domination. The arrogant public smoker is a classic example of this, forcing unwanted cigarette smoke into the body of his or her victims, including children, solely for selfisn plaesure and to show who is boss to say, "I'll light up wherever I feel like!" Since cigarette smoke, by account of the World Health Organization, kills about 600,000 non smokers per year, this certainly qualifies as a form of rape.

When a fast food restaurant of the kind featured in the documentary, "Supersize Me" builds playgrounds and gives toys to lure children to install massive obesity into their bodies solely for the selfish pleasure of getting rich at the expense of the right of children to grow up undisfigured by fat growing like cancer in their bodies for the rest of their lives, they seem not so different from that pediatrician in Lewes Delaware who was arrested for using playgrounds and toys to lure and sexually molest children who were his patients. Soft drinks, video games, and the double fat cheeseburger in a roll full of high fructose corn syrup is a form of dietary paedophilia.

Sometimes people have suggested that I should have a letter from my doctor saying that sensory issues with tobacco smoke are to be ascribed to my "disease" of autism so that I should have a special excusal from having to work in cigarette smoke, but I will not treat this human right as less than what is owed to every human being

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 1:44 pm

Interesting...

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 2:06 pm

By this logic...we are pretty much all "rapists".

Consider the consumer goods and services we all use. Many of them are not necessary to anyone's physical survival or well-being.

What are the environmental and thus, human, consequences involved in their manufacture, use and disposal?

How many poorly-paid people get sick, injured, or die while producing these goods for one thing?

What has been the consequences of the American public's superfluous consumption of oil?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 2:13 pm

What's ya talkin about, Willis? I don't really get this? Of course, I never really did get math. :lol: 8)

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 2:22 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
What's ya talkin about, Willis? I don't really get this? Of course, I never really did get math. :lol: 8)

Don't worry...I don't really get the math/physics part of it either.

If the OP has AS...perhaps he's under the mistaken assumption that everyone with Asperger's is mathematically inclined.

The rest of his post is perfectly understandable to me though.

Gigi830
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2010, 2:40 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

I agree. Being selfish is not the same as rape IMO.

Also, I am getting really sick of people blaming the fast food corps for "luring" kids. They did the same when I was a kid and I hardly ever ate fast food, and NEVER got happy meals. Why? Because my parents did their job. We ate fast food on special occasions (usually road trips) only. And I had a choice between a burger or a fish sandwich because my parents felt a happy meal was a rip off.

The PARENTS should be in charge. parents nowadays need to grow a pair and say no when they need to.

Corporations exist to make profit. period. they don't give a hoot whether what they do is good or evil, only if it satisfies their bottom line. It's silly to expect them to "do what right" just to do it. If the right thing makes them more money, great. If not, oh well. Consumers need to think about their own health and safety and act accordingly. I hardly ever eat at McD's. Only when it is LITERALLY the only thing available and I have no choice. My son will never eat there either (again, unless there is no other choice), no matter much he begs. Kids might get upset about not getting their way about something, but they'll get over it in a very short time. And they'll learn better habits like patience- but you need to TEACH them.

Otherwise they'll just eat cookies and french fries for every meal and play all the time instead of doing chores or homework. They might be "happy" for the immediate future, but they'll be in serious trouble on the health and values fronts.

But as for the smoking thing. I kind of agree. I don't think it's RAPE, but it is incredibly insensitive and selfish to light up, knowing what we all know nowadays, in the presence of others. They should walk far away from everyone if they're going to light up. My husband does. and he washes his hands before touching our son. He never smokes within sight of him and doesn't do it near anyone else (unless it's some kind of designated smokers only area).

Last edited by Gigi830 on 29 Jul 2010, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 2:47 pm

Seriously?

No matter what you do, and how contentious you are of others, SOMEONE will always take issue with something you do.

A woman I used to work with reported me to HR for being insensitive to her religious views. I laughed at her when she told me she was taking Halloween off... because she was frightened of plastic gargoyle decorations trying to possess her. I thought she was joking, but she was completely serious.

I find the OP's comparisons of minor things he/she dislikes to very major problems a bit silly. Having to smell a little smoke is not At ALL close to being raped. I'm sure someone who has actually experienced such a nightmarish event would be offended by your comparison. Just like you are offended by other people doing something you don't like.

The world isn't going to change to make you happy. Adjust YOUR behavior to avoid things that upset you. Don't expect the world to change to comply with your liking and disliking. It won't ever happen.

Assembly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2010, 2:59 pm

By your definition I hereby rape you with this post. 8)

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 3:14 pm

Gigi830 wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Also, I am getting really sick of people blaming the fast food corps for "luring" kids. They did the same when I was a kid and I hardly ever ate fast food, and NEVER got happy meals. Why? Because my parents did their job. We ate fast food on special occasions (usually road trips) only. And I had a choice between a burger or a fish sandwich because my parents felt a happy meal was a rip off.

The PARENTS should be in charge. parents nowadays need to grow a pair and say no when they need to.

Corporations exist to make profit. period. they don't give a hoot whether what they do is good or evil, only if it satisfies their bottom line. It's silly to expect them to "do what right" just to do it. If the right thing makes them more money, great. If not, oh well. Consumers need to think about their own health and safety and act accordingly. I hardly ever eat at McD's. Only when it is LITERALLY the only thing available and I have no choice. My son will never eat there either (again, unless there is no other choice), no matter much he begs. Kids might get upset about not getting their way about something, but they'll get over it in a very short time. And they'll learn better habits like patience- but you need to TEACH them.

Otherwise they'll just eat cookies and french fries for every meal and play all the time instead of doing chores or homework. They might be "happy" for the immediate future, but they'll be in serious trouble on the health and values fronts.

).

I agree. My daughter is definately lured by McDonald's. I take her there once every couple months in the hopes that this will vaccinate her against gorging on it the minute I'm no longer the one feeding her. (Trying to avoid Forbidden Fruit Phenomenon.) But I'm not actually at McDonald's mercy. I'm the one with a wallet so Iget to decide what we eat. I don't make burgers themselves off limits. But I dare say the ones I grill at home aren't as health-horrendous.

But even if I routinely caved and bought McD burgers all the time, that's still not rape! To call it such a thing (or anything else that isn't actually rape) trivializes the actual crime. It isn't healthy for kids to eat too much McD's. But it really doesn't compare to the soul crushing damage they would actually suffer if actually molested by an actual pedophile. High cholesterol isn't a good thing, but it's not in the same league as rape trauma.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 3:31 pm

I find this post to be horribly insulting to rape victims. ACTUAL rape victims.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 3:34 pm

I don't get the premise of this thread.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 3:38 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

The OP is downplaying actual rape. Whether he intended to do this is unknown, but the results are the same.

Gigi830
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2010, 4:03 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

The OP is downplaying actual rape. Whether he intended to do this is unknown, but the results are the same.

I agree. I've noticed this is a common thing lately. People label something basically trivial or not that bad with something truly horrific just to make the point that they think it's bad. It used to be "nazism", now it's "rape". It's really uncalled for. One can put forth the idea that something is really offensive to them without having to resort to calling it something like rape.

I don't care how much smokers offend you. I can guarantee the feeling is NOTHING like rape. Not even CLOSE. Ever.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 4:31 pm

barney wrote:
The arrogant public smoker is a classic example of this, forcing unwanted cigarette smoke into the body of his or her victims, including children, solely for selfisn plaesure and to show who is boss to say, "I'll light up wherever I feel like!" Since cigarette smoke, by account of the World Health Organization, kills about 600,000 non smokers per year, this certainly qualifies as a form of rape.

No, it doesn't. Rape is a type of assault. Passive smoking is, to you, also a type of assault. That does not give you grounds to call passive smoking rape.

Eagles are a type of bird. Chickens are a type of bird. Chickens are not eagles.

The year is still young.

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 4:31 pm

sir by your definition, i was 'raped' by many of my family members. The Definition of rape is 'To force an object into an opening in ones body' and whilst it is true that that does not have to be sexual, in the vast majority of cases it is.

Second Hand smoke is not rape...

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 4:32 pm

Gigi830 wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

But as for the smoking thing. I kind of agree. I don't think it's RAPE, but it is incredibly insensitive and selfish to light up, knowing what we all know nowadays, in the presence of others. They should walk far away from everyone if they're going to light up. My husband does. and he washes his hands before touching our son. He never smokes within sight of him and doesn't do it near anyone else (unless it's some kind of designated smokers only area).

We all realize that "parents should do their job".

Parents also shouldn't allow their children to wander through shopping malls alone because they may get picked up by a
child predator.

But....parents often fail to "do their job" in this respect and the one in question.

This doesn't give pedophiles the right to target children though.

Nor should it give McDonald's the right to target children.