Schizophrenic job coach???????????????

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Katiebun2281
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 May 2011, 6:42 pm

Hi, Everyone,

I'd like some help and advice on a problem that I am currently experiencing. I have a job coach that I think is possibly schizophrenic. She and I were out at the mall today, interviewing and applying at different restaurants,and she claimed that a guy at the store was looking at her funny and that he was following her because he thought she was stealing.
She is one-sided, selfish, delusional, and doesn't listen to me or seem to understand my disability.
Sorry to ramble and whine but I don't know what to do with her.
Thank you
:?

Seph
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2011, 7:15 pm

In theory, I think the appropriate thing to do when you're having issues with someone like a job coach is to talk to them and tell them exactly what your concerns are as it relates to the working relationship. I don't believe it's appropriate to mention your suspicions of her mental illness. If she's acting really odd you might mention it to her boss. Believing that someone is following her in a store isn't necessarily a sign of schizophrenia. Malls and stores have security employees that actually do follow people around the stores.

If she continues to not listen, I believe it's acceptable to tell her boss that the working relationship isn't working out and maybe you can get another job coach.

Katiebun2281

31 May 2011, 7:47 pm

Okay, I am sorry.

Seph
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2011, 7:59 pm

Oh I didn't mean to imply that you did something wrong...

I'm assuming it was the sentence "I don't believe it's appropriate to mention your suspicions of her mental illness." In context that was meant to apply to talking to the job coach. It was just advice. You did nothing wrong.