Is It Hard to Get People Not To Touch You?

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 11:01 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to my nightmare!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HV-OSCFArI[/youtube]

vetwithAS
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2011, 1:05 pm

Todesking wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to my nightmare!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HV-OSCFArI[/youtube]

I don't know that I wouldn't have beat the crap out of that guy!

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 2:43 pm

vetwithAS wrote:
I don't know that I wouldn't have beat the crap out of that guy!

When I went to see Euro Trip with my co-workers they all said " How long would it have taken Todesking to force that guy out the window."

Ollytheaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Nov 2011, 3:30 pm

there is nothing worse than being touched gently anywhere on my body, my mother touches me on the shoulder, I always verbalise for her to not touch me but she still continues to do it and she doesn't understand how uncomfortable it is to be touched or gently brushed upon, I really hate it :x. When I'm out and about I get touched a lot by people and I just put up with it, normally count to ten in my head because I don't want people to think i'm a freak of nature :)

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 7:33 pm

No problem. People seem to sense that I don't like it and they don't do it.

An effective way to deal with people who don't stop:

1. (politely) "Don't touch me."

If they persist:

2. *break fingers*

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 7:54 pm

When I was in 4th grade, I had a teacher who used to count us as we entered the classroom by touching our heads. I used to duck.

Loitering is encouraged at The Wayshelter: http://wayshelter.com

ScottyN
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2011, 3:42 am

I dont like being touched also, and usually my tense demeanor lets others know this, but sometimes people want to communicate tactily, so I have learned to just deal with it.

Az29
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2011, 10:48 am

A little incident yesterday with my daughter reminded me of this thread.

She'd talked her grandmother into letting her go see santa at the local garden centre, she had an ulterior motive though, she knew they had a ride and she wanted to go on it. So whilst waiting to go in to see santa she goes on this teacup ride (you know the ones that spin around). She gets off whizzes in to see santa, gets herself a toy and comes out with her granny in tow clutching a token for 50p off the ride. So my husband gives her some money to go on it again.

She gets on picks out a cup decorated with a disney princess scene, she sits back stretches her arms out along the top of the cup and waits for it to start. Nobody else is on the ride and the place is pretty deserted, from nowhere a little boy comes running over with his dad puffing and panting after him. The guy pays for him to have a ride, my daughter smiles as the boy climbs up, looks around and then he walks right over to her cup and climbs in. The look of disgust on her face was priceless and would have mirrored my own had I been in her situation.

It gets worst though, this kid climbs in and rather then sitting opposite or a fair distance from her, throws himself down close to her and scoots along until he's right next to her and she's more or less got her arm around him because of how she had her arms positioned. She quickly pulls her arms down and glares at the boy and then glares at me and my husband we're both biting our lips to stop from laughing. The ride starts and you can see the nervous look on her face coupled with annoyance as this boy happily chats away to her smiling and occasionally touching her arm to which she flinches and moves. I was expecting a huge outburst when she got off along the lines of him being stupid and annoying and why was he in HER cup etc etc but she didn't say anything, she just looked utterly shocked, disgusted and confused.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 11:40 am

I hate being touched, but my mum used to do it on purpose to upset me. My mum and I don't talk at all anymore and I don't live with her.

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 3:16 pm

Az29 wrote:
we're both biting our lips to stop from laughing.

Um, why was this funny?

Az29
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Nov 2011, 3:52 am

MindWithoutWalls wrote:
Az29 wrote:
we're both biting our lips to stop from laughing.

Um, why was this funny?

It's along the same vein as the eurotrip clip above, the look on the guy's face (and the others), how horrified he is at having his personal space invaded like that. That was what my daughter was like but tenfold and I expected her to flip out and tell him to get out or to at least afterwards rant on and on about how he didn't need to sit in her cup, how dare he, who does he think he is etc etc (that's what I'd have done).

It's like earlier this year her school had an easter bonnet fashion show and all the kids had to walk down a catwalk parading their creations. She was waiting in line when the boy behind her accidentally knocked her hat a little she glared at him and then said something to him, I don't know what but by the anger all over her face it couldn't have been pleasant, that made me laugh too. I have it on film and everytime we see it it makes us chuckle.

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 7:47 pm

Oh. Okay. I guess I just feel the horrified feeling and not the reaction you describe. Sorry.