Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 12:04 pm

I make lists such as bands I want to buy an album from, video games I want to buy, bands I want to learn guitar/bass techniques from, etc. I find it keeps my interests organized and keeps me from getting swamped trying to remember everything in my passions that interests me.

Who else here makes lists?

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

MightyMorphin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 12:07 pm

Alllllllllllllll the time. My corkboard is covered in sticky notes and paper with lists on, as well as the sticky notes on my computer to type up lists.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 12:08 pm

I've done it before. Years ago I used to make more than I do now. When I was single I made lists of random things I liked or wanted, etc. Then I actually made a list of the lists.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

alecazam3567
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Aug 2012, 12:22 pm

Every chance I get, for just about everything.

I found this awesome website called Remember the Milk where you can make as many to-do lists as you need. It actually got me to work harder after I started using it.

The best thing it, you can't lose the lists and it saves paper :D

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 12:58 pm

I do in my head, I rarely write my thoughts down.

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 1:37 pm

Not only do I make lists, I collect data. That's why I have so many flash drives and external hard drives. I'm obsessed with making lists and collecting data.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 6:22 pm

Yes. I like making lists of my favorite movies (categorized by how much I like them and how often I think about them), as well as crossover couples/pairings that I come up with for my favorite movies. (in other words, taking a character from one movie and making them be in a relationship with a character from another movie)

Cogs
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 6:48 pm

Yes, I find lists essential to keep organised and for things to happen. I usually use a combination of a written list for the week and google tasks and google calander in my attempts at organisation. Without lists everything is a jumble in my mind and gets overwhelming. However my interests are a bit more easy going, I don't need to put much effort into organising them.

AnOldHFA
Raven
Raven

11 Aug 2012, 6:53 pm

When in my twenties I had a notebook. I kept adding more notebooks as it got full. I have so many interests, I want to know about everything around me.
One day I realized it had so much of everything in it, if a bad person was to steal it and read it, they would have so much of the world at their finger tips. So, I burned it and have never done it again..

I let my mind keep track.. The list in my head is pretty big.. It is not as good as writing things down, but it works for me. About 20 years ago, I let go of trying to keep up with all the changes. I guess I am becoming like a person I know long ago who know everything about tube TV and radio, but nothing about transistors..

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 7:59 pm

I habitually make lists as well. I have a fear of forgetting or somehow losing my short-term memory. If I have lists lying about, I can re-remember the information if that were to happen. I still find that the best way to remember something is to write it on your arm/hand.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 8:11 pm

Sadly yes. :-( The reason before we had a DVR that set up NEW episodes week to week of your favorite shows NOW! With the NEW DVR company I have to find the date of the show and manually set it up ARGG! So I had a list of all my favorite shows and NOW have to manually do it! Since setting up "record" series records ALL the reruns too ARGG!

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 8:12 pm

Absolutely, and have for years. My mother even bought me a book called "List Your Life", where you can make lists of things like past jobs and childhood friends.

I make normal lists -- grocery, to do, etc. -- but oddball lists too. Here's a list (hehehe) of some of my lists --

** Films I think would make good double features
** Current actors who could take on the roles of classic actors (George Clooney in Cary Grant's roles, Russell Crowe in Kirk Douglas' roles)
** What sections I would have if I had my own magazine
** Tenets of my self-developed religion
** Fruits and veggies by color, for a "Rainbow Diet"
** All my teachers from 1st grade through college, just to see if I can remember them
**Actors who were 33 years old when their star hit its peak -- I have a theory that men hit their top attractiveness at 33 years old. If you're not hot at 33, you never will be in my eyes...although you do get another chance in your early 40s.
** My jobs and places I've lived -- both lists have close to two dozen entries

Particularly pathological was when I made a 27-count list of all the reasons I hated this guy Steven who used to sit next to me at one of my jobs.

lady_katie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 8:55 pm

I feel like the only way I can really get through a day successfully is to write lists. I always have a "front burner" "back burner" and "immediate" (which in my mind means before front burner lol) list, along with other random lists. I actually downloaded an app for my Kindle Fire to keep them all organized. I used to try to fight this tendency of mine, but now I try to embrace it instead, which works out a lot better.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 9:32 pm

Balance seems to be key; too many lists and you lose your sense of memory and too little and you forget a lot. Probably a different degree for everyone; I have about 20 lists that I keep updated.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 10:16 pm

Lists help me stay organized and get things done, but I always forget to stick to making them! So, sort of.

SirMixlom
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Aug 2012, 11:37 pm

I am also a list person.

I love making "top 10" lists of things that I like. When I was a little kid I just to do these kind of lists all of the time.