Page 225 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228 ... 291  Next

Xena_Sophia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2012, 1:34 am

-Your Dad tells you to "act more normal".
-You have always preferred reading to TV.
-You have to ask people to explain jokes 60%+ of the time.
-You loved to play with circuit boards and jigsaw puzzles as a little girl more than dolls.

MEDrake
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Aug 2012, 11:02 am

GreenShadow wrote:
Quote:
You've ever read a book at a party.

You've read an entire novel in the bookstore while waiting for someone to finish shopping.

ooo, it's all about me :D

Is it my fault the host of the party placed a huge book on astronomy on the coffee table? Or that my girlfriend was shopping for shoes? :D

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 4:15 pm

....you wonder what you used to do on the internet before you discovered WP

....you read those ''so relatable'' picture things on tumblr and you can relate to so many that you start to doubt you are an Aspie (because they are generally written by NTs)

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 4:43 pm

Khandov wrote:
If you are a walking encyclopedia on X subject

Same! In my case, it's not exactly some normal everyday subject.

....when you were a teenager, girls your age were getting make up, etc for Christmas. You got a book on Crime Scene Investigations. (not the TV programme)

japan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2012, 5:24 pm

The most absurd part of the statement "Hey Girl, I'm a personal friend of Gloria Vanderbilt" is "I'm a personal friend of".

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 8:26 pm

unlovable

GreenShadow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2012, 5:41 am

... you have read your favorite book for more than 30times, and you still want to read it again
...you read more book in a year than average person in all lifetime

Xerofaan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Aug 2012, 9:13 pm

rebbieh wrote:
... you feel like you could really contribute to this thread but you're a bit worried you might be considered a liar since you're not completely sure you've got AS. Then you spend a lot of time over-thinking the whole situation.

... you visualise the literal meaning of a metaphor even if you actually understand the metaphor ("it's raining cats and dogs" for example).

OOOh! My! that's the one right now! And i'ts 4:13 in the morning! 8O

My goodness! That's the whole point my therapist thinks i'm an aspie!

Xerofaan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Aug 2012, 9:28 pm

...if you look through the pages of the WP forum and you see your computer remembers the pagenumbers you already have visited. And then you think to yourself "ooh no, i can't visit that number of page, what if someone would know i have visited that forum-page twice".

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2012, 7:43 pm

CleverCait wrote:
I love reading these and then realizing that most of these apply to me.

Here's my contribution!

*You might be an Aspie if a book of city population numbers and demographics is your idea of a great read.

I read those on wikipedia and you can also see diagrams of highest and lowest temperatures on there too.

Somberlain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Aug 2012, 8:06 am

If you have taken online tests about AS multiple times, again and again, and became obsessed with it.

English is not my native language. 1000th edit, here I come.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 6:47 pm

You cant imagine any one on this planet is worthy enough that you would demean yourself and do the the preforming sea lion routine for their benift *and if such a person existed why would they bother with some one like you ?

* and that includes the Aspie hot shots around here they know who they are :wink: well no they don't their to busy re reading their older posts :wink:

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 7:44 pm

- You actually read through all 225 pages of this to see if something is present before adding it. (I didn't)

- You look through this list and keep a running score based on what's true for you. (I did once, way back when I found it on GeoCities.) 10 bonus points for going through 50+ pages, 25 bonus points for 112+ (half the thread) and 50 bonus points for all 225. 10 more bonus points if you don't count duplicate items.

- You're thrilled when you come back and find another entire page or more of this.

- You start assigning "base point values" to items on this list depending on how Aspie you have to be for it to be true. (I'm thinking about it. The most common value will probably be 10.)

- You have attempted to manipulate your grades in school to get exactly x0.0%, the exact cutoff for an A, having 1337 in the number, etc. (I haven't, but have tracked them very closely.) 10 bonus points if successful, and 5 bonus points if that number is 100% or higher.

AQ: 33

kittygirl0811
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Aug 2012, 7:54 pm

Sean wrote:
...your science teachers often let you hold their classes because you knew better anyway.

So true. For me it was math, which i've always been good at. In algebra at one point everyone complained because they knew my grades would throw the curve. To prevent a small riot she agreed not to include me in the curve.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 4:58 pm

- If people expect you to be flattered when they inform you that " I dont care WHAT they all say about you!

Now that Ive gotten to know you I can see that you're not HALF as ret*d as you act!" :D

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2012, 2:03 am

You feel uncomfortable, nervous and panic when you get pulled out of your routine and your comfort items are nowhere to be found!!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList