Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 7:51 pm

Yes, this happens in my brain all the time, used to it, but, sometimes sort of not. I can't really control it, it pretty much limits the duration & kind of work I can do, but it comes in handy when doing my weird fantasy drawings. My brain just goes on and on making connections all over the place, which lead to visual ideas, which I then draw. That's fun. :)
If only I could find information which I know is in there somewhere, when I need it or want it, but it never seems to work that way. It especially bothered my kids if I let it become something I said out loud, especially if I was (supposed to be focused) helping with homework. :oops:

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Sep 2012, 8:23 pm

yes it happens to me too and then also I switch to other languages for the same words, then I think of the latin root, then I think of words sounding like it but who do not mean anything similar, it can go on and on and it is a waste of time, but I can't help it.

Danimal
Toucan
Toucan

04 Sep 2012, 9:57 pm

I am a very visual thinker. Words translate into pictures. However, abstract phrases and ideas don't tranlate at all. I have to ask for clarification. One time I was told that I did't have a "servant's heart". The visual was absurd, and I had to ask what that meant. I memorize stores, street directions, and maps. I am my own Google Earth.