Was the lady in the bank flirting w/ me?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

MikeW999
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Aug 2013, 10:15 am

I went to make a deposit to her she was the bank teller, I was very quiet and out of no where she asked if I worked outside, I said "no", she said you have really nice color(tan) and I said thanks, its from running and swimming a lot, she said "oh natural, thats good" and she said "that takes a lot of dedication" and i said thank you with a smile and left. Was she flirting with me, should I have done more?

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 10:24 am

Not necessarily. Some people, women especially, are naturally complimentary as a way to be friendly and social. Maybe it was flirtatious, but if you have to ask, then play it safe.

bleh12345
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 10:28 am

I'm a woman, but I'm really not sure. What did her tone sound like? Was it kind of...monotone? Upbeat? I think a lot of bank tellers have to be like that to customers.

Gamer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Aug 2013, 10:46 am

Maybe yes maybe no. Also, she may have been trying to open up a conversation because she noticed you were quiet. A lot of NTs assume that if you aren't talking that something is wrong.

But yeah, most people don't typically comment on tans. Either she was an aspie herself or she was interested, or perhaps just curious. Really hard to tell.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 12:46 pm

Was she wearing a wedding ring?

You could ask if she likes running and see if that goes anywhere. If she's enthusiastic you might ask when she likes to run etc. Faint heart never won fair maid" or words to that effect. :)

denny
(have "dated" the same woman for 51 years)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 12:47 pm

She might have been flirting with you. In fact I think she probably was.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 1:03 pm

MikeW999 wrote:
Was the lady in the bank flirting w/ me?

Why don't you ask her?

None of us were there, so we can only guess.

Outerspace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Aug 2013, 1:06 pm

asking do you work outside sounds like flirting similar to do you work out?

I personally wouldn't comment on someone having a tan unless i was knew them, seems a bit random.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Aug 2013, 1:12 pm

The place where I do my banking has tellers that sound a lot like this lady you describe. They are very friendly, and will often ask open ended questions like what you describe. I think that they are just trained to be that way, and if you want to know if she was flirting, try to take it a little further next time, as ZenDen said. :wink:

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 1:35 pm

I doubt it. Bank tellers are sometimes taught to and expected to make some kind of small talk with customers. It makes most people more at ease about dealing with money. She was most likely just trying to be nice. And they deal with people all day every day so some of them just enjoy the small talk. It makes their day go better. and I have complimented strangers on their complexions before and I was definitely not flirting. And people compliment me on my complexion a lot and it's not flirting. So I wouldn't think she was.