Page 21 of 38 [ 604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 38  Next

freddie_mercury
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2014, 10:58 am

When, after taking three showers already that day, around 11 pm you decide that you just don't feel as clean as you need to before going to bed.
-- you rearrange the dishwasher because your SO put the plates in backwards, and the utensils are not properly distributed
-- you look at a series of graphic novels, and all you can see is that one of them is paperback, while the rest are hardcover
-- you want to interact on social media, but still aren't sure of what to say - so you type something out and delete it before clicking post - because that is just as good as saying it

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2014, 1:01 pm

I have no idea if this is an ASD thing but it seems like this is not what other parents go through when their kids whine whine whine.

You can't even hear a word your kid is saying when they whine. All you hear is the annoying sound they are making and not the words so you have to tell them you can't understand them when they whine so they must say it in a normal tone of voice. Then your ear drums feel sore from the noise.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

little_blue_jay
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Aug 2014, 2:25 pm

..... you feel compelled to go out at 3:00 A.M. in your barefeet because you just noticed someone threw a Freezie wrapper on your front lawn. :x

(I can't stand someone else's litter in front of my house! Ok, maybe the wind put it there, but still!)

AQ score: 47
RAADS-R score: 196

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2014, 9:26 pm

You are significantly disabled in the company of others .

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2014, 9:29 pm

Suncatcher wrote:
When you wear a coat even when it's 30 degree celcius outside because it makes you feel more comfortable. I always do this at work, people seem to get a heat stroke when they look at me.

I'm a similar difference I want to live in a freezer , could be one of the reasons I want to l travel to Russia !

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2014, 9:56 pm

When you are sitting down thinking nothing in particular and someones comes up to you and asks "What's wrong?"

When you make an attempt to smile and the person doesn't smile back, making you feel very confused.

When you're so involved your tasks that hours fly by and you've not eaten or drunk a thing.

When your pet is your best childhood friend.

When your eyes are glued to the ground when walking past people.

When you're looking between eyes, or at the wall just behind the person, or their forehead.

When your ability to focus on things you're interested in has you flying past your peers.

When you're a walking catalog of mostly useless facts and some useful ones too.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 1:50 am

When someone taps you on the shoulder, and it upsets you, and they have no idea why it upsets you.
When you feel "younger" than other people your age and even people several years younger than you.
When you spend hours, or even days focused on one thing that most people would lose interest in after 10 minutes.
When you get so caught up in the minutiae of a task, that the rest of that task becomes too daunting to finish in an efficient manner.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 3:08 am

There's people all around you talking and laughing and having a great time and you wand to hide under the floor.

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 7:10 am

When your at the movies and people around you are laughing and you sit with a straight face because you didn't pick up on the joke(s) and/or when people next to you laugh at said joke and they turn to look to see if your laughing and your not.

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Sep 2014, 7:13 am

JoelFan wrote:
When your at the movies and people around you are laughing and you sit with a straight face because you didn't pick up on the joke(s) and/or when people next to you laugh at said joke and they turn to look to see if your laughing and your not.

I've learned to at least smile if I detect a joke, even if I can't get it I think "that set up sounds like a joke, let me glance and see if someone is about to laugh. Okay and....cue smile!"

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 12:56 am

You feel like a disgusting pos cause you 'feel " nothing towards anything or anyone , mot even yourself 8O than you have a think about it and realise you cause no harm and come to the realisation you ain't so bad I suppose.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 1:13 am

When someone asks "How are you", and you answer "fine" only because you learned that is the socially acceptable reply, but if you feel anything absolutely not fine, your voice will sound the exact opposite of the word. :(

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 8:47 am

If you see a picture of a cat in a book or magazine advertisement, you know what breed it is.

You want to write a book about a tennis player very few people have heard of and use his name as your screen name on WP. You also want to seek out video interviews of said player because you think he is nice (and good-looking, too!)

You group your favorite tennis players by ethnic background and list them by country. (Spanish players are usually first on my list. They're cute, too!)

You are thrilled to be using the same brand of tennis racquet as the player who inspired you to take up tennis lessons. (Although it is erroneously believed that people on the spectrum can't be athletic.)

You are motivated to learn a foreign language you never studied before (Serbian, Russian) and to brush up on one you know (Spanish) because of your favorite tennis players.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 8:50 am

You don't know when to shut your mouth.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 3:09 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
When someone asks "How are you", and you answer "fine" only because you learned that is the socially acceptable reply, but if you feel anything absolutely not fine, your voice will sound the exact opposite of the word. :(

NT’s do that also. You know you are autistic when you feel guilty about it.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 4:15 pm

When you order a latte & a hot chocolate and they arrive in clear glasses and it's obvious which drink is which - until the staff member sprinkles a coffee bean pattern on the drink you think is hot chocolate.

When you ask which drink is which and the reply is "are you serious?"

^is this autistic?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard