Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2015, 11:55 pm

I sleep weirdly... I sleep in the same position, I go to sleep late... always after 2... sometimes it's 4. I wake up many times to pee... Im old. But I get back into the exact same position. I sleep on my side in a fetal position. I have a little radio facing me chatting all night... usually the BBC news.

Pat758
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Oct 2015, 8:06 am

I have had a difficult time since I hit middle age. Then this year I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. I never imagined this was the issue. This diagnosis explains a lot, but even with a CPAP machine, I always wake up at least once. And dealing with a mask on your face is a tough situation. At least I feel better now, and am less tired during the day, than I did five years ago.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 12:29 pm

Most nights I have difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep, I also experience phases of nightmares, but rarely remember pleasant dreams.
The only solutions I have found are to remove as much stress from my life as is possible and regular strenuous exercise.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 12:32 pm

A person who calls herself Amity deserves consummate sleep.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 1:02 pm

Lol, consummate sleep.

I wonder if hypnosis could work, reading a novel often overstimulates my mind. Kirea made a suggestion in another thread about counting sheep, but visualising every tiny detail as a method of boring yourself to sleep.

I also heard of a woman who cured her habit of waking at 4am, she was advised to get up and do something repetitive but not enticing, instead of tossing and turning til 7am. She set up her ironing before bedtime to complete at 4am and within a month was falling back asleep soon after she woke.

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 1:40 pm

So so. I use melatonin and Benadryl every night. Keeping strict sleep hygiene helps. I have a low dose sedative for bad nights.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2015, 8:20 pm

Yes! Yes! I stay up late at night because i feel like I can't sleep yet I need to sleep, which is fine on the weekends but not so great the night before school...But then, I do my best writing late at night, so there's no way I can't really stop staying up late...Honestly, sometimes I think that Hobbits had the right idea [staying up late, getting up late].

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII