what do you love that everybody else hates?

Page 3 of 41 [ 646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 41  Next

do you hate things that everybody else loves?
yes I do! :x 76%  76%  [ 78 ]
I'm not sure :shrug: 15%  15%  [ 15 ]
nope, I am totally in sync with everybody else :bounce: :bounce: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I just wanna lucscious soft serve ice cream :chef: 9%  9%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 102

Boo Radley
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 7:58 pm

Things I don't like that most people seem to:
Mayonnaise
Apple Pie (yucky texture)

A lot of music past 1999 (a few mentioned below):
Adele
Amy Winehouse
Maroon 5
-----------------------------------
Wool clothing
Sunny days (cloudy days are awesome!)
Reality TV
Mad Men (could never get into it - probably need to keep trying)

Probably more but those immediately come to mind.

Last edited by Boo Radley on 11 Jan 2016, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 7:59 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Number one on my hate list is FOOTBALL and the boof-headed, beer-drinking, loud-mouthed, beef cake-glorifying, blatantly sexist culture that accompanies it.

Now I'm thinking about the F word I'm too pissed to post anything else.

I am in total agreement with this statement!
And why do they get so freaking worked up over it?! They are enraged when their side loses, they insist on watching ALL of the games (when they could just read the scores afterwards and save a lot of time), and they talk ad nauseam about it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 8:01 pm

mee too for hating boorish folks in general, especially involving sports and politics.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 8:01 pm

I like American football--and Aussie Rules football, too. I like the referee in Aussie Rules who wears a funny white hat.

I don't like the "culture" of either, though.

Aspergirl 16---you're not weird! Lots of kids like 1960s music; it's stood the test of time!

Aspergirl16
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jan 2016, 8:08 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I like American football--and Aussie Rules football, too. I like the referee in Aussie Rules who wears a funny white hat.

I don't like the "culture" of either, though.

Aspergirl 16---you're not weird! Lots of kids like 1960s music; it's stood the test of time!

Yeah 1960's did stand the test of time truly! But I don't even know why One Direction and The Beatles are being compared together. I'll take the beatles any day!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 8:11 pm

They're from two different eras.

You know what you might like? Try going to the 77WABC website, and listening to some airchecks which were actually from the 1960s! I enjoy doing that, too--which many people find weird. WABC is now a talk radio station. Back in the 1960s, it was the top music station in New York City.

Listen, especially, to a man named Dan Ingram.

Aspergirl16
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jan 2016, 8:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
They're from two different eras.

You know what you might like? Try going to the 77WABC website, and listening to some airchecks which were actually from the 1960s! I enjoy doing that, too--which many people find weird. WABC is now a talk radio station. Back in the 1960s, it was the top music station in New York City.

Listen, especially, to a man named Dan Ingram.

Yeah I agree they are from different Era's and should not be compared.

Thanks for the website you gave me it's cool!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 8:16 pm

I enjoy listening to 60s music actually played in the 1960s, even better than listening to 60s music played in 2016. That's why I like listening to airchecks from the 1960s playing 60s music.

Starting from when I was 7 years old, I used to obsessively listen to WABC on my transistor radio--especially when the "countdown," the top 100 for a certain year like 1968, came on. Nobody could disturb me then!

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 10:30 pm

Lockheart wrote:
My answer to that question: hot potato chips and wedges. I cannot stand the things.
I can't stand wedgies either...they hurt!! !!

ohhhhh...WEDGES.....my mistake ;)

On a more serious note:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
This is obvoius but I love not bieng social. I can enjoy bieng social if there is a reason for it other then bieng social just for the sake of bieng social.
I can identify with that. I do like to be around someone with purpose or a shared interest and they are as into it as myself. But, yeah, the idea of being around people just to be around people baffles me.
Generally though:
Can't stand to watch any sports at all. Football is a particular pet peeve of them all. Enjoyed playing soccer and a small bit of baseball. Could never really get into watching it though. "Oh look, the ball is moving....So are the people...They are chasing it...."
Hate vile, hateful music
Hate being in a city (Not everybody hates that as I am constantly bombarded with how NYC is the best thing since the wheel, but, I really hate cities)
Hate people being late or not communicating schedules
Hate clients complaining that they can't pay me my price because "The economy is bad" but they ain't giving up their $500.00 a night 5 star hotel when they take trips.
Hate people who like to think they are 'open minded' but are really just as prejudiced as others if not more so.
And, right now, I'm not too happy with myself as I am discovering that I am not who I thought I was. I am what I thought I was, but, it's also perception that shapes the 'who'. It's a two party transaction and everything I am discovering has created a bit of an existentialistic crises so to speak. Not suicidal or depressed. But, a bit lost about what is going on.....I dunno how to explain it. But it's something I really, really don't like right now......

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

Last edited by zkydz on 11 Jan 2016, 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 10:39 pm

I HATE it when an otherwise perfectly tasty pizza is RUINED by green olives :eew:

Anachron
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jan 2016, 10:54 pm

I love black jelly beans.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2016, 11:14 pm

I LOVED :chef: dorell cheese which was basically the same formula as laughing cow cheese but in a nice convenient tub. I HATED when it dropped out of the marketplace. :x

SaxNerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2016, 11:45 pm

My list of hated things seems to be pretty similar to a lot of others that I've just skimmed through:

Sports
Aussie Bogan culture
Pop Music
Reality TV
Seafood
Soup, porridge, etc. (I don't like the texture)
Parties
Children

And a few more that are a little more unique:
9-5 timetables
Alcohol
Holidays (and just being away from home in general)
Revealing clothes (on both genders)
Political correctness gone mad (I know a couple of people who have come out as 'gender fluid' and we are not even allowed to refer to them as 'he' or 'she' (which pretty much makes it impossible to hold a conversation), and they get really pissed off and throw a minor tantrum every time someone accidentally (or unknowingly) gets it wrong.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2016, 12:31 am

Ok in answer to What do I love that everyone else hates (maybe an exaggeration)? I love eating beets and most everyone I meet hates or loves beets.

I dislike noisy atmospheres where everyone is chit chatting non-stop.
I dislike the noisy small talk that most everyone likes in the morning.
I dislike sarcastic banter people throw about so slyly and often so eagerly since do not always get sarcasm it is very annoying.
(I say dislike as prefer it to saying "hate.)

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2016, 12:42 am

:( Really dislike:

1. Mushrooms
2. Raw onions
3. People coughing, chewing, clanking and banging noise when someone eats in the cubicle next door
4. Eating at a big table with people I barely know and the expectation is to have fun and engage in conversation
5. Large get toegethers
6. Hmmmmm????
7. Meetings that go on (over 2 to 4hrs or more) endlessly

Wait these were things that everyone else loves and I strongly dislike??? Well the above may not fit that category, but suppose it depends and maybe there are lots of people who love my list of "strong dislikes."

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2016, 12:46 am

Gazelle wrote:
Ok in answer to What do I love that everyone else hates (maybe an exaggeration)? I love eating beets and most everyone I meet hates or loves beets.

I don't think I've even ever eaten a beet. How do you eat them?