1Million Dollars Vs Lose Your Aspergers.

Page 7 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Which would you pick
1 Million untaxed dollars 88%  88%  [ 127 ]
Cure your aspergers forever 12%  12%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 145

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 3:13 pm

I'd say I have a greater chance of getting a million dollars than ever being able to be cured of Asperger's. A cure just seems unlikely.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 3:20 pm

Getting $1 million wouldn't change what I am doing right now, eggsept that I could use the money to start up something that helps autistic people.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 5:56 pm

NewTime wrote:
I'd say I have a greater chance of getting a million dollars than ever being able to be cured of Asperger's. A cure just seems unlikely.

I'm going to have my cake and eat it, too. :D

As I've shared, I've already figured out how to effectively treat my AS symptoms and am doing pretty awesome for it. In turn, it's enabled me to work & earn like never before in my life so I'm up ~$30K in the last year and a half and hope to accelerate that. The money is being saved and invested until I have the capital required to start the business I intend to, which should be quite lucrative. However, even if I never started another business and am not successful with it, if I just keep doing what I'm doing - working hard, and smart, and investing for the long haul.. I will eventually become a millionaire. It's really just a matter of time, ie when, not if I become a millionaire. If my business plans work out, it could happen within 5 years even. If I just carry on working away, it might take a decade or two.

I'll take minimizing AS AND a million dollars, not one or the other.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 8:59 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
NewTime wrote:

I'm going to have my cake and eat it, too. :D

As I've shared, I've already figured out how to effectively treat my AS symptoms and am doing pretty awesome for it. In turn, it's enabled me to work & earn like never before in my life so I'm up ~$30K in the last year and a half and hope to accelerate that. The money is being saved and invested until I have the capital required to start the business I intend to, which should be quite lucrative. However, even if I never started another business and am not successful with it, if I just keep doing what I'm doing - working hard, and smart, and investing for the long haul.. I will eventually become a millionaire. It's really just a matter of time, ie when, not if I become a millionaire. If my business plans work out, it could happen within 5 years even. If I just carry on working away, it might take a decade or two.

I'll take minimizing AS AND a million dollars, not one or the other.

Did you get the PM i sent?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 9:12 pm

slave wrote:
Did you get the PM i sent?

Nope.. no new messages, and just clicked my inbox - no message from you.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 9:27 pm

I'd get the million and give a billionth of it to each Chinese in China :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 11:53 pm

I'd choose the 1 Million Dollars any day. I don't wish to be cured of my AS. I haven't been wishing for a cure for 15 years now. I'd buy things that are related to my special interests, so that I can celebrate my AS even more than I do, already. I'd even physically transition to being male. 1 Million Dollars would be like heaven for me.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 1:12 am

FMX wrote:
alex wrote:
You do realize that with a million dollars you could live off 50,000 / year for 20 years so no job would be necessary unless you wanted a higher standard of living.

Yes, but what would you do after 20 years? You'd be utterly unemployable.

Also, 50K/year would buy less and less every year. Towards the end it would be similar to living on welfare.

WitchsCat, CashCats? :lol: Yeah, of course that's a thing!

But you could invest it and live off the interest of about $40,000 a year. Maybe more depending on how good you are at investing.

But yeah, I do agree that a million dollars is not a lot of money. Even with $40,000 to $50,000 a year to spend, you would not be living high on the hog. But you could be comfortable.

I figure to retire and live really good you should probably have a minimum of two to three million dollars. Then you would have enough to buy a nice house, lots of money to spend, and still have money to invest for the future.

BrainPower101
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Jan 2016, 4:07 pm

I can't believe I'm saying it either, but I'd probably prefer the cure over the million bucks. The reason why is because I'd probably just be a rich depressed loner which I've seen many including Elliot Rodger, if he really was an aspie.

It seems I can't find true happiness within myself but perhaps if I was cured or rid of this condition things would change. The ones saying you like having autism I can't understand why maybe you haven't suffered as much as some of us had. I'm not a rich person myself and on disability but I still would want the cure, I think in a few years I could make at least half a million with the business plans I have.

This was a very tough question, but there's my answer.

slayeraspie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jan 2016, 6:49 pm

Besides all the obvious benefits I would easily earn a million dollars more in my lifetime without aspergers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2016, 7:03 pm

I'd take the million bucks----hands down!

I don't think Asperger's is always a negative.

Boo Radley
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2016, 7:08 pm

I like making budgets (can work on them for hours) so taking the money and keeping my AS would work out quite well.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2016, 7:13 pm

Cure Autism.

Of course I am diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and not aspergers.

Last document I had / the one on my desk says,

Primary Diagnosis
Bipolar I disorder

Secondary Diagnosis
Addiction of substances, Autism spectrum disorder

So I guess this question doesn't apply to me, also kinda of talking to myself but when the hell did my bipolar type 2 turn in type 1. I swear I put very little faith in what all these documents say but I would rather be normal than take the money.

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2016, 7:13 pm

Id take the million pound.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2016, 7:46 pm

alex wrote:
slave wrote:
ylevental wrote:
alex wrote:
A million dollars for sure.

Says the employed high-functioning aspergian

alex
Developer
Developer

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Location: Beverly Hills, CA :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

You do realize that with a million dollars you could live off 50,000 / year for 20 years so no job would be necessary unless you wanted a higher standard of living.

And with a lower standard of living you could stretch it out even longer, though even 25,000 a year for instance would be a much nicer standard of living than I have now.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2016, 8:48 pm

Well, for years, I tried to blend into society by drinking and drugging so, yeah, I would've liked to be NT. I'm older now and, finally, being autistic is fine by me. Give the money to the food banks, though. I don't want it.