NTs or AS who would you rather be with

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 12:46 pm

I prefer NTs romantically. Friend wise, it's mostly NTs with a few people on the spectrum thrown in. Real life friends at least.

giaam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2007, 1:07 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
I like friends who are sufficiently quirky, AS or not.

Other people are nice to be around for limited periods of time. I can learn a lot from them, too. But it gets too taxing for me to keep up long-term, because I can't talk with any depth about the things that really interest me. So I have to pretend I'm interested in all those uninteresting topics, like who won Dance with the Stars. Just saying this makes me feel like such a snob... but I'd rather stare at the wall for an hour than watch a show like that.

Could n't agree more....

Desolation_boi
Raven
Raven

03 Jun 2007, 1:22 pm

Doesn't really matter to me as long as they understand me and I have something in common with them.
I do tend to hang around the "non-normal" types. I love people who don't care what others think and are free to be as wild as they want. My close friends are all sorts of crazy, and I have a few who I suspect have AS. All of us share a lot of common interests and views, so we get along great, NT's and aspies.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 2:44 pm

patient NT with a sense of humor.

edit: though the patience and humor are all that really matter. i said NT cause i need to have someone to at least keep me roped into orbit

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

jijin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Jun 2007, 5:18 pm

I have been in a relationship with a NT for nearly 7 years now. It has been both rewarding and frustrating. She is the only person in my life right now (other then my mom), and the only person in my town who I trust implicitly. She is caring and understanding nearly to angelic levels. Yes she has her own problems, and yes, she is ultimately an NT but she sometimes forces me to do those things which I need and don't know it.... like as much as I despise it at first, calm down and cuddle.

It "slows my roll" so to speak and I become alot better then I would be by myself. It eats away at the coldness of feeling lost, and I feel that I am a much better person with her. Also, she smells wonderful, a heady mix of vanilla, amber, and at times a hit of some fruit. The relationship allows me to be a kid during the times I need it and a man when I am able. She does expect alot out of me, but what kind of life is lived when others expect nothing of you.

Also, I have found as her weaknesses as an NT show up, my strengths come out, giving me much better self-esteem. She can be really emotional and when our life takes a downturn. (I get fired, a roommate goes to jail, rent is due, and thanksgiving is in 2 days.) I am level headed and can see through to figure out what to do, and have a ready plan to fix it. I use the plan to show her that it'll be ok and she will calm down.

On the other hand, when I am freaking out about a bad day at work (my perfectionism and paranoia wreak havoc there), or I'm freaking about something else, she asks me if I'm ok in a way that crushes the anxiety. It's also ok with her if I go somewhere else/get on the computer when she had friends over.

Now, when we fight... holycrap.... people that know us can't stand it for more then five minutes and have to walk out of the house. Nuclear words go off in our conversations, we are no-holds-barred-cage-fight-last-person-standing-death-match and we both get to the point we would literally will kill each other with our bare hands. So, there is always that downside...

I don't think how I would be able to be the person I am without her though...

Cause we don?t clean up our own s**t
And when refused we throw a fit
As we scream ?I don-wanna-hear-it?

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2007, 5:37 pm

As friends either one will do, I have had good friends that were both AS and NT.

Romanticaly I am not sure which I would prefer, I only have limited experience and that is with NT women.