Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

foxant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Aug 2018, 10:47 pm

i get distracted easily, so i try to get less thing as possible on my room to not get distracted by it. so my walls are all white, i removed posters, i try to keep everything on wardrobe and drawers. i do this too because if theres too much thing in my room, my brain just black out, and i get all confused.

how its for you?

Special Interest: memes

RichardJ
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 11:03 pm

I'm the opposite, I have my dresser covered with various junk, mostly related to my electronics special interest, I have various vintage vacuum cleaners in my room, too. There is also a stack of vintage electronics junk between my dresser and the wall to the left of it. My closet floor has more electronics parts. Most of my room is clear, however. I like to be able to feel the deep pile shag carpet, it is soft. I also have one of those visual stimming bubble tubes that I got from a neighbor and fixed. It was missing the wall wart power supply, so I bought a chassis mount triad transformer and adapted it to use that and a 120v power cord instead.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2018, 11:43 pm

It's beyond my ability most of the time. Some aspect of executive dysfunction, I suppose. This is part of my living room right now..... :hmph:

It's actually quite a bit worse than it looks. If I were a sleepwalker, I'd probably break my neck.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 2:32 pm

One time, I had a bedroom with a cot centered under the hanging light fixture, and a few possessions in a closet. I didn't spend much time there except asleep. At the time, I had a separate shop and residence. Otherwise, I have lived surrounded by half-done projects. Sometimes, there are so many that it is hard to start a new one. One handy rule I use is that if I've spent ten minutes looking for a part, tool, or scrap, I stop looking for it specifically, and do a general clean-up until I run across the missing item.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 2:34 pm

through CHAOS it seems.

it's.... absolute chaos.

i hate my room rn, i can't even look at it. just the messy sight of it triggers my mental health into a downward spiral of self doubt and frustration.

on a good day, it is busy but tidy, colourful, clothes are all nicely ordered and scented candles alight.

now it's like a scene from a horror movie or a mental hospital

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 2:36 pm

I am the exact same way. Part of it is because I can’t focus with visual distractions, and part of it is OCD in my case. My room is virtually bare.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 3:26 pm

My computer helps with organizing half the stuff I care about, but it does not come naturally to me. If something is put away, I don't know if it was filed by material, function, shape, size, currency, or chance. After I move, I have to memorize thousands of new locations, and then do it again when a better order evolves. If I always find my heat gun plugged in in some obscure corner, I just leave it there for the next time, and use it's former abode for something more suitable. For papers, a chronological pile is often the easiest to maintain and to search. In general, I prefer to have at least one corner of every object of possible interest in view.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 3:49 pm

DeepHour's photo basically sums up what my room looks like.

It's a mess, but it's an organized mess, I know where things are. I could really use more shelves.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 4:00 pm

I think I know of a case where an AS dad's marriage became unrecoverable when his bride, needing room for baby things, moved a pile of his things, rendering them "lost" to his memory.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 7:54 pm

Some clothes on the floor some of the time, only furniture is a queen sized bed that is always made, a dresser cluttered mostly in tons of med bottles, and a wooden chair. There are two lamps, one TV and PS4 pro, both mounted on the wall along with my around bar. The subwoofer and UPS sit on the floor below the TV. I got a couple paintings on the wall along with a 6 foot tall UVB phototherapy unit mounted to the wall beside my bed. I try to keep my room simple.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2018, 5:24 am

Dear_one wrote:
I think I know of a case where an AS dad's marriage became unrecoverable when his bride, needing room for baby things, moved a pile of his things, rendering them "lost" to his memory.

I wonder if that's why a lot of people need a tidy house, because they don't have the ability to remember where they put things, so they just make sure that things go back where they belong when they're done.

Although sometimes I misplace things when I'm carrying them, and then absent-mindedly set them down somewhere and forget all about it. I have to try to retrace my steps.

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

10 Aug 2018, 5:47 am

It's horrible I have way too much stuff and I guess I have a sort of hard time parting from things I don't really need.
Like I have shirts that I never wear that I keep because I have an attachment to them and i'm sure i'm gonna wear them sometime again but I never do so they take up a ton of unnecessary space for no reason instead. My room looks good on the surface but if you open a drawer... Chaos. I guess that my room is like a reflection of myself. :wink: :lol:

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2018, 5:53 am

I get driven insane if there isn't some sense of order in everything.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Aug 2018, 6:13 am

DeepHour wrote:

That's painful to look at even knowing that it is someone else's house. My house isn't exactly tidy but I couldn't cope with that.

Babi dwr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Aug 2018, 7:21 am

Its definitely a problem for me, I often buy things in 3's usually and that means theres always too much here. I bought my daughter some trainers and got 3 other pairs the same, but of course they change their preference and then you are left with new things just hanging around.

I read 'goodbye things' by Fumio Sasaki and it really made me see how I hate having stuff around me. But I have a really deep problem with how things I have will end up just landfilled if I cannot recycle etc them properly. I used to sell things on no problem but now find that really tough for some weird reason so I charity shop everything.

Anyway Id say to anyone read that book its really helpful and I am on a journey to getting things down to the absolute minumum.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2018, 8:43 am

Sandpiper wrote:

That's painful to look at even knowing that it is someone else's house. My house isn't exactly tidy but I couldn't cope with that.

You should see my bedroom.

Then again, on second thoughts, you almost certainly shouldn't....