Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 9:29 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
How bout this? I came across it in the urban dictionary and I pretty much fit the description as well. :lol:

aspinaut

Derived from the combination of Aspie+Autie. Someone on the autism spectrum who displays features of both autism and Asperger's Syndrome.
"So are you Aspie or Autie"?
"I'm more of an aspinaut".

Sounds like an autistic astronaut. Anyway, this is like describing a mixture of azure and cerulean; Do we really need a word for it when the two things are practically the same thing, only with slight differences?

Actually, blue and cyan would probably be a closer analogy, but whatever.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Last edited by Ganondox on 14 May 2012, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

luvntiedye
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 May 2012, 9:37 am

Wow, isn't that stupid, that anyone would be so weird about autism. There are sooooo many of us on the spectrum-- we're like, everywhere! But yes I know what you mean. My son is High-Functioning Autistic and hates the very mention of Autism or Asperger's. He gets quite belligerent.

HK416N
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 May 2012, 3:48 pm

HK416N wrote:
lol aspierin :)
like that

gonna go for the big game.. watch this...
INCOHERENT INSIGHT

whats dat? we get more stuff cause we seeit ALL.. thru central inhoherence.. NT grabs stuff together and forget most.. we get evrything.. so we get more and get it better!

lemme try again...aspie r good at some stuff.. say at work I see more and better inside the process.. not a match.. just is the case.. helps work.. company happy
other stuff... sell product.. I suck bigtime.. I point out all the crap parts.. so NT sells.. good.. they rock.. company happy
were both good.. just at different stuff!
does not mean I rock less at my job

slave
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 9:48 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
Aspierin- The cocktail of drugs, vitamins, and supplements we take to fix our head.

Brilliant!! !! !! !! :D :D :D :D

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2012, 10:02 pm

slave wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
Aspierin- The cocktail of drugs, vitamins, and supplements we take to fix our head.

Brilliant!! !! !! !! :D :D :D :D

*bows*

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 8:29 am

(Note: Deliberate Necrobump*)

Thesbyterian: a portmanteau of "Thesbian" (an actor) and "Presbyterian" (a member of a Christian sect) meaning "One who acts like a Christian, but who is only playing a role".

"The priest's congregation was shocked to learn of his paedophilia because he was such a good Thesbyterian."

:D *I did not want to start a new thread on an old subject.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 9:05 am

Proud Autisphobe here lol

Would be a sneaky attempt by some to impose their will on others.

Trying to imply that an individual wanting to improve his/her Brain and life quality as some kind of bigot.

I think most autistic & NT people are too smart to fall for that cheap trick.

- George Bernie Shaw

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 10:32 am

Here is my entire list so far:

auticology: the science or study of autism spectrum disorders and the people who have them.

auticulture: the arts, beliefs, customs, institutions, and other products of autistic work and thought considered as a unit.

bizaster: a portmanteau of "bizarre" and "disaster"; a disaster arising from bizarre conditions.

bozone: the atmosphere surrounding stupid people that prevents bright ideas from penetrating.

cellfish: the attitude of people who (a) talk loudly on their cell phone, (b) put the conversation on speakerphone, and/or (c) play with their cell phone instead of socializing with the people around them.

chairdrobe: wearable clothing piled on or hanging from a chair.

conflusterated: a portmanteau of "confused", "flustered", and "frustrated"; an emotional state precursive to either hysteria or rage.

destinesia: when you get to where you were going, and forget why you went there.

entiheaded: the neuro-normative state of mind.

errorist: (1) someone who repeatedly makes the same mistakes over and over again; (2) someone who is always wrong.

figital: obsessively checking one's electronic devices.

flatminded: (1) thoughtless; (2) lacking in imagination or creativity; (3) acting out of habit.

floordrobe: wearable clothing piled on the floor.

foreploy: any misrepresentation or outright lie used in an attempt to impress a potential "hook-up".

generica: a part of the American urban landscape that looks like any other (i.e., same fast-food joints, same billboards, et cetera).

giraffiti: vandalism occurring higher than a normal human can reach.

glibido: exaggeration of one's sexual ability and/or exploits.

grantarctica: the cold, isolated place where artists and fringe scientists without funding dwell.

hidisa: a portmanteau of "hidden" and "disability".

holotype: a description that fits each member of a specific group of people.

holotypical: an individual who is indistinguishable from any other member of a specific group of people.

intaxication: euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.

irritainment: annoying, but you can't stop watching (i.e., a Trump speech).

kinstipation: the painful inability to rid oneself of relatives who have overstayed their welcome.

legophile: a collector of small plastic construction pieces.

muffet ("muh-FEY"): a buffet of muffins.

nonversation: (1) a meaningless exchange of words; (2) "small talk".

ohnosecond: that minuscule fraction of time between the instant you realize you have just made a big mistake and the instant it becomes impossible to correct.

palbatross: a friend whom one would like to drop, but who is always hanging around.

phonesia: when the person you called finally answers, and you forget why you called them or who they are.

povertunity: (1) an internship; (2) any job with more status than salary.

saddict: one who is hooked on their own misery.

spurilogism: (1) a word that is made up at random; (2) a word composed of random letters or syllables.

teqnology: (1) devices used exclusively to manufacture tequila; (2) devices used exclusively to mix tequila-based drinks.

textpectation: the anticipation felt when waiting for a response on a digital messaging service.

thesbyterian: a portmanteau of "thespian" (an actor) and "Presbyterian" (a member of a Christian sect) meaning "One who acts like a Christian, but who is actually just playing a role".

youniverse: the name for a person whose total sum of knowledge seems to consist of, or be derived from only his or her own experiences.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 1:48 pm

The WP discussion thread 'The Confounding Subtleties of the English Language' discusses words in languages other than English. Some of these words describe situations familiar to ASD:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=376504&p=8240238&hilit=English#p8240238

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2020, 2:18 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
The WP discussion thread 'The Confounding Subtleties of the English Language' discusses words in languages other than English...
That thread was started long after this one.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 4:12 am

Fnord wrote:
Here is my entire list so far:

auticology: the science or study of autism spectrum disorders and the people who have them.

auticulture: the arts, beliefs, customs, institutions, and other products of autistic work and thought considered as a unit.

bizaster: a portmanteau of "bizarre" and "disaster"; a disaster arising from bizarre conditions.

bozone: the atmosphere surrounding stupid people that prevents bright ideas from penetrating.

cellfish: the attitude of people who (a) talk loudly on their cell phone, (b) put the conversation on speakerphone, and/or (c) play with their cell phone instead of socializing with the people around them.

chairdrobe: wearable clothing piled on or hanging from a chair.

conflusterated: a portmanteau of "confused", "flustered", and "frustrated"; an emotional state precursive to either hysteria or rage.

destinesia: when you get to where you were going, and forget why you went there.

entiheaded: the neuro-normative state of mind.

errorist: (1) someone who repeatedly makes the same mistakes over and over again; (2) someone who is always wrong.

figital: obsessively checking one's electronic devices.

flatminded: (1) thoughtless; (2) lacking in imagination or creativity; (3) acting out of habit.

floordrobe: wearable clothing piled on the floor.

foreploy: any misrepresentation or outright lie used in an attempt to impress a potential "hook-up".

generica: a part of the American urban landscape that looks like any other (i.e., same fast-food joints, same billboards, et cetera).

giraffiti: vandalism occurring higher than a normal human can reach.

glibido: exaggeration of one's sexual ability and/or exploits.

grantarctica: the cold, isolated place where artists and fringe scientists without funding dwell.

hidisa: a portmanteau of "hidden" and "disability".

holotype: a description that fits each member of a specific group of people.

holotypical: an individual who is indistinguishable from any other member of a specific group of people.

intaxication: euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.

irritainment: annoying, but you can't stop watching (i.e., a Trump speech).

kinstipation: the painful inability to rid oneself of relatives who have overstayed their welcome.

legophile: a collector of small plastic construction pieces.

muffet ("muh-FEY"): a buffet of muffins.

nonversation: (1) a meaningless exchange of words; (2) "small talk".

ohnosecond: that minuscule fraction of time between the instant you realize you have just made a big mistake and the instant it becomes impossible to correct.

palbatross: a friend whom one would like to drop, but who is always hanging around.

phonesia: when the person you called finally answers, and you forget why you called them or who they are.

povertunity: (1) an internship; (2) any job with more status than salary.

saddict: one who is hooked on their own misery.

spurilogism: (1) a word that is made up at random; (2) a word composed of random letters or syllables.

teqnology: (1) devices used exclusively to manufacture tequila; (2) devices used exclusively to mix tequila-based drinks.

textpectation: the anticipation felt when waiting for a response on a digital messaging service.

thesbyterian: a portmanteau of "thespian" (an actor) and "Presbyterian" (a member of a Christian sect) meaning "One who acts like a Christian, but who is actually just playing a role".

youniverse: the name for a person whose total sum of knowledge seems to consist of, or be derived from only his or her own experiences.

Outstanding! Very clever. :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 10:05 am

Here are a few more, which most members here already know:

administrivia: (1) adminstrative details; (2) administrative duties performed solely for the sake of doing them.

anecdotage: (1) the time, late in a person's life, when all they seem to do is tell stories about the past; (2) the habit of telling seemingly endless, rambling stories with no particular plot or purpose to them.

anticipointment: the letdown after hype gives way to reality.

aspie: (1) any person who was officially diagnosed by an appropriately-trained and licensed mental-health professional with Asperger's Syndrome under the descriptions given in DSM-IV; (2) any person who is affected with a developmental disorder, and especially autism spectrum disorder; (3) any person who exhibits atypical neurological development; (4) any person having a disability with respect to processing linguistic information and social cues.

badvertise: (1) to dress the part of a hood, gangster, or thug; (2) to air an infomercial.

cattitude: the attitude that only cats possess.

celebutant(e): someone who is famous for being famous while lacking any apparent talent.

craptacular: quality so obviously poor as to capture and hold the attention of everyone around it.

craptastic: quality that is just barely poor enough to be survived (i.e., "How was my day? Craptastic!").

curebie ("KYOOR-bee"): (1) a person who believes that autistic people cannot have worthwhile or happy lives unless they are made normal; (2) a person who often displays extreme disregard for autistic people's happiness, well-being, health, and personal self-worth; (3) usually both.

epiphanot: an idea that seems to be an amazing insight, but upon further examination proves to be impractical, pointless, or just plain stupid.

frizzly: just drizzly enough to frizzle your hair.

hangry: when you're so hungry, you become angry.

incel: a portmanteau of "involuntarily" and "celebate"; a person (usually male) who seems to always lack any opportunity to engage in sexual activity despite having the desire to do so.

natter: (1) to speak endlessly about irrelevant or insignificant topics; (2) meaningless chatter about nothing; (3) the sound made by a squirrel when it is "speaking".

neuronazi: (1) a neuro-typical person who believes any attempts by autistics to equate their intrinsic value with neuro-typicals is somehow disrespectful to neurotypicals; (2) a neuro-typical person who believes everyone's behavioral, intellectual, and/or mental abilities should fall within a narrow set of parameters; (3) a neuro-typical person who believes anyone who differs from a narrowly defined set of behavioral parameters is somehow defective and/or inferior; (4) a neuro-typical person who strives to make everyone else as neuro-normal as he or she is; (5) a person who believes people with autism spectrum disorders should be cured (if possible), institutionalized (if necessary), or made to disappear (whenever more convenient); (6) any person who considers certain opinions, thoughts, and beliefs to be the only correct ones; (7) all of the above.

neurotypical: (1) any person who is not affected with a developmental disorder, and especially autism spectrum disorder; (2) any person who exhibits typical neurological development; (3) any person having an ordinary ability to process linguistic information and social cues (4) an antonym for "autistic".

nintendonitis: a condition caused by playing too many video games; similar to carpal-tunnel syndrome.

pregnesia: the loss of short-term memory during pregnancy.

punintentional: an accidental pun.

redumbdant: the same dumb idea, expressed in a different way.

voluntold: the state of being asked to volunteer, but really being told to do something.

:D

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Jun 2020, 10:20 am

Wow, the list you came up with yesterday, with the "unfamiliar" ones is brilliant and makes fun reading. What would we do without you?

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 10:25 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Wow, the list you came up with yesterday, with the "unfamiliar" ones is brilliant and makes fun reading.
Thanks!
envirozentinel wrote:
What would we do without you?
Uhh ... engage in endless debates in every thread on whose favorite candidate's defecation smells better?

:shrug:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 10:46 am

I just thought of one more:

antivaxxer: (1) a person who is against anyone being vaccinated; (2) a person who believes vaccines cause autism; (3) a life-form resembling a human being, but lacking the necessary cognitive development and reasoning skills of a human being.

:wink: Mods may edit this one if necessary.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Jun 2020, 10:47 am

If it ever came to that, we'd be spending a lot of time locking threads and flushing away the keys.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/