Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cornerpiece
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 May 2021, 5:16 pm

I also have difficulty falling asleep early. Quiet dark evenings seem to energize me and my brain goes active. I tried all typical tricks including triple dose of melatonin pills and nothing had any effect.

On the other hand I learned that I fall asleep very easily during the day after some work and a meal. Then, its more difficult to NOT fall asleep. Daylight, noise, etc, doesnt matter.

So I gave up and just changed my lifesfyle. I started working freelance from home and in the morning I already plan blocks of 3-4hrs for sleeping after lunchtime. So I work in the morning, then I eat, and the I fall asleep with no trouble. And then I only need another 4-5 hrs of sleep before next morning so I can afford to go to sleep late, way after midnight.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 7:15 pm

Goldenhawk,

I wish I could really help here. Ironically, I have been recently looking for a similar solution. I have found a few, but they are only barely good enough for me. The US USED to have over the counter pills that would knock me out in a flash and today the regular "sleep aids" are anything but. Too many people used the old ones to commit suicide. The new ones tend to be Kava, which doesn't help me at all, or cough syrup(They use it as a "sleep aid" because a side effect is drowsiness), and it doesn't help me either. But getting a UV lamp to get more vitamin D may be overkill. You CAN take a vitamin D supplement. Ironically, D3 is the best you can get. So if you go to a store to get the vitamin, look for D3. It IS a good idea to get plenty of vitamin D though. They keep finding new things that it helps.

Unfortunately, for the most part, the more you think about stuff, the less likely it will be that you fall asleep.