Page 1 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2023, 4:28 am

I'm doing a major update to Aspie Quiz, the first one in eight years.

New is that scores are calculated based on difference between neurotypes, and that you get a probability of being Aspie/autistic/neurodiverse (or of being neurotypical).

There are 26 experimental questions from the monotropism test, some which might be added as standard questions before the release of version 5.

Please try it out and comment!

Temporary link

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2023, 5:08 am

Your score: 143 of 200
99% probability of being atypical (autistic/neurodiverse)

I like this quiz much better than the previous version I took years ago.

Wreck It Ralph

BibbidiBobbidiBoo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2023, 7:43 am

Your score: 135 of 200
98% probability of being atypical (autistic/neurodiverse)

I really like the improvements in the test.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2023, 6:49 pm

56 out of 200

99 percent that I am neurotypical. And a few years ago I was officially diagnosed (by an expert with the whole battery of tests) as having aspergers! :lol:

Sorry.

Guess that you will hafta go back to the drawing board with the test.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 1:45 am

Ehh. There were repeat questions, just worded differently.

Your score: 96 of 200
61% probability of being typical (neurotypical)

I think this is the first version that has told me I'm closer to being neurotypical than atypical lol

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 1:59 am

naturalplastic wrote:
56 out of 200

99 percent that I am neurotypical. And a few years ago I was officially diagnosed (by an expert with the whole battery of tests) as having aspergers! :lol:

Sorry.

Guess that you will hafta go back to the drawing board with the test.

Not likely. Either you haven't answered truthfully, or you're not autistic and instead are misdiagnosed.

One diagnosed person out of 14 that scores as highly neurotypical is not an anomaly. Another person also scores as more neurotypical than atypical, but this is not a problem either. That's 14% not getting their diagnosis confirmed, which is normal.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 2:01 am

Alterity wrote:

That's the control questions that makes it harder to manipulate the results.

Alterity wrote:

I think this is the first version that has told me I'm closer to being neurotypical than atypical lol

With version 4, you would have gotten the mixed judgment. To compare, you should check if your Aspie or neurotypical score was higher in version 4. In version 5 you have a slightly higher neurotypical score.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 4:16 am

The test version has moved to the normal Aspie Quiz link, and the temporary link above can no longer be used.

There are also more experimental items.

Aspie Quiz

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 6:37 am

I found the quiz interesting.

I found choice of wording affected my answers. I also found it difficult to substitute "A Little" for "Sometimes"
"A Little" is appropriate for some answers but for others "Sometimes" is more appropriate.

I took this test about ten years ago. I was working in an IT department with other people. Today, I am retired and it can be literally weeks or months between times I see people I know. Social skills I use to have, had to have for work, don't get used very often, if at all. I also, have more control over my environment, so some questions don't apply, even though at one time they may have been pertinent.

I also answered questions for what they literally state, and not the "spirit" of what they say. Sometimes one word in a compound sentence changes the response. I'm not sweating it. Although in reality, at the time I took the test, it was driving me crazy and it could take me a long time (5 minutes?) to complete one question.

My end score? It doesn't mean anything. It's like asking the position of the sun. It's going to change.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 6:39 am

63% probability of being typical (neurotypical)

Apparently I communicate like an NT 8O

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 7:01 am

Alterity wrote:

All of these types of tests have repeat questions that are just worded differently. That is actually done on purpose. It's part of how they are designed.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 7:08 am

I think that in all of these tests, some of the questions can be a difficult to answer accurately because of the nature of the question and how it is asked. And because you only have a set of answers to choose from, you can't elaborate and explain how you are personally affected by what the questions are asking. I recently wrote my own Autistic screening questionnaire and it has like 102 questions and even, as thorough as I tried to make it, it still can be difficult. But the difference with mine is that it allows you to answer the questions however you want. You can either say yes or no, or you can write a whole paragraph to explain if you prefer.

Wreck It Ralph

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 5:00 pm

skibum wrote:
I think that in all of these tests, some of the questions can be a difficult to answer accurately because of the nature of the question and how it is asked. And because you only have a set of answers to choose from, you can't elaborate and explain how you are personally affected by what the questions are asking. I recently wrote my own Autistic screening questionnaire and it has like 102 questions and even, as thorough as I tried to make it, it still can be difficult. But the difference with mine is that it allows you to answer the questions however you want. You can either say yes or no, or you can write a whole paragraph to explain if you prefer.

While non-standardized answers and comments seems like a good idea, it takes to much effort for a popular quiz that generates 1,000 answers per day. I have used comments occassionally for specific issues, along with embedded surveys, which have been valuable, but it's impossible to maintain for the standard version.

Right now I'm evaluating a lot of new questions, and so the test has 201 questions, which is a lot, but many people still answer it.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 5:11 pm

rdos wrote:
skibum wrote:

While non-standardized answers and comments seems like a good idea, it takes to much effort for a popular quiz that generates 1,000 answers per day. I have used comments occassionally for specific issues, along with embedded surveys, which have been valuable, but it's impossible to maintain for the standard version.

Right now I'm evaluating a lot of new questions, and so the test has 201 questions, which is a lot, but many people still answer it.
I totally understand. But I think you have done an amazing job with yours.

Wreck It Ralph

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 5:16 pm

Yes. A computer has to be able to tabulate it and score it automatically. A computer cant read, and then grade, your essay answer to an essay question.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 5:20 pm

Ooooh!! I'm excited!! I'll do this when I get myself settled.

(That could mean tonight, or in the forseeable decade, depending on my EF ...) :lol: