Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Clarisakoe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jan 2024, 9:26 pm

Hello I'm Koé, from Argentina. I imitate when other people cry, and I scream when I see a girl with a green t shirt, and a girl with curly hear. I can't avoid it. Someone learned how to overcame this kind of situations? P/S (I'm the father talking in her behalf)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2024, 9:56 pm

Hello. I used to have issues where I would not eat different colour foods that touched each other. Also I didn't like certain types of green touching red. (I still think green should not touch red, but one of my little model trains has this, but it is on two different parts with a boarder so it is ok. (I painted it! So I made sure I was happy with the two colours. Normally I would not do this. But I did it because of train regulations from the past... But I made sure the panels were different (Different train body parts)).

I would not scream... BUT I did used to cry and panic and run to stop it, when I was young and a child jumped off a swing or roundabout in the playpark and left them moving! I had to stop them and was very upset unless I or another stopped them moving. I was fine if thsy wefe on them playing, but as soon as they got off, if they were moving by themselves I would be extremely concerned and run to try and stop them moving!

Clarisakoe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jan 2024, 10:12 pm

Thank you so much for your answer Mountain goat

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2024, 12:34 am

How old is Koe?

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2024, 12:40 am

I'm sorry I don't have experience with this issue so this may be wrong, it is just my thought.
It sounds like Koe's emotional responses are easily triggered.
If this is similar to an anxiety disorder in adults, we would practice breathing techniques which can help calm the nervous system.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2024, 6:56 am

Clarisakoe wrote:
Thank you so much for your answer Mountain goat

You are very welcome. Hope all goes well for you.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2024, 3:43 pm

The heck with preventing different color foods from touching. I would prefer them not to touch even if they are the same color...especially if one is wet or sticky and will leave residue on the other.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2024, 4:37 pm

Welcome to WP!

:alien:

Clarisakoe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jan 2024, 5:40 pm

MrsPeel wrote:
I'm sorry I don't have experience with this issue so this may be wrong, it is just my thought.
It sounds like Koe's emotional responses are easily triggered.
If this is similar to an anxiety disorder in adults, we would practice breathing techniques which can help calm the nervous system.

She is almost 6, she said she feels envy of curly hear and green t shirts on girls. Her older sister is 12, and they are very close, and Koé always whats they both do the same thing, when she canot eat the same that her sister starts to cry or scream. Thank you for your answer :)