Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 11:20 pm

Flying - I can't do it in my dreams, unless you count gliding about 2 inches above the grass.

School - I sometimes dream that I messed up in my job and got sent back to kindergarten. For some reason, the most embarrassing part is that I can't fit into those really small chairs anymore.

Work - I don't think I've ever dreamed about being in an office or lab, but I often dream about being in field stations in different countries or working in the museum I used to work in before grad school.

Driving - Usually this kind of dream is very stressful for me. If I am going over a bridge, there is nothing on the downhill side and I fall to my death, something like that.

Urinating - I am sometimes looking for a toilet in my dream, but even when I find it, I can't bring myself to use it. I imagine that's probably a good thing.

Naked - I seldom dream about being naked, but when I do, it's usually not an embarrassing dream. If people stare, I'm like "What? Never seen it before?" and move on to whatever I was doing.

Eating - I guess I don't often eat in my dreams. I am trying to think of a time when I did and I can't remember. I can remember cooking dreams, but not eating dreams.

Quote:
What do you often dream about?

I can do math in my dreams, read clocks, turn off and on lights in a room, and all kinds of things most people day people "can't do in dreams".... but for some reason, I find it hard to open a door and walk through it. I can climb through windows, or go through open doorways, or even pop out a drop ceiling panel, climb into an air duct, and find secret passage ways in buildings, but if I open a door, and walk through the dream just changes to something else.

Similarly, if I walk into an elevator in a dream, it will fall 100% of the time.

Elgee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2024, 11:00 am

Harmonie wrote:

Bathroom: I have overactive bladder. A lot of my dreams are interrupted by me needing to find a bathroom because I literally need to go in reality. 99% of the dreams I can never find a bathroom. Sometimes I'm out in public and can't find a bathroom, or can only find the men's restroom, not the women's, or do find a bathroom but the stall door won't shut or there's no privacy in some other way. I hate these. Weird.

I have "need to pee" dreams all the time that also reflect in reality the need to go. The obstacle sometimes is privacy (but never seeing only a men's restroom; if that happened in a dream I'd probably enter, because in real life this has happened a few times: The women's room was locked for some reason, but the men's room wasn't, and my 'tude was, "Screw it, I need to go NOW!").

Anyways, the biggest obstacle in my pee dreams is that the water in the toilet is even with the part you sit on, so that if I sit on the toilet, my whole bottom will get soaked. Often, there's also an inch of water on the floor. Another obstacle is that the stall is a very tight fit, and/or the walls are low enough that other woman can see me.

Harmonie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jan 2024, 11:24 am

Elgee wrote:
Harmonie wrote:

Bathroom: I have overactive bladder. A lot of my dreams are interrupted by me needing to find a bathroom because I literally need to go in reality. 99% of the dreams I can never find a bathroom. Sometimes I'm out in public and can't find a bathroom, or can only find the men's restroom, not the women's, or do find a bathroom but the stall door won't shut or there's no privacy in some other way. I hate these. Weird.

I have "need to pee" dreams all the time that also reflect in reality the need to go. The obstacle sometimes is privacy (but never seeing only a men's restroom; if that happened in a dream I'd probably enter, because in real life this has happened a few times: The women's room was locked for some reason, but the men's room wasn't, and my 'tude was, "Screw it, I need to go NOW!").

Anyways, the biggest obstacle in my pee dreams is that the water in the toilet is even with the part you sit on, so that if I sit on the toilet, my whole bottom will get soaked. Often, there's also an inch of water on the floor. Another obstacle is that the stall is a very tight fit, and/or the walls are low enough that other woman can see me.

Glad I'm not alone with these annoying dreams.

I've had exactly those exact things you described in the second paragraph happen in my dreams! It's interesting that they manifest in exactly the same way for both of us. lol