Theories for why we don't fit into jobs.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

__Elijahahahaho
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2024, 6:42 am

Just sort of thinking out loud here, and as I go I realise I was wrong, but I will write some ideas out anyways.

Firstly the way I operate successfully in the past is to have a set goal, quickly learn related theory, design a solution, implement the solution. I don't distinguish between any one field and have operated from performing arts to engineering. Learning is all about information.
This is starkly different to traditional jobs that pidgeon hole you into one role for years, and assume you are an idiot and take ages to learn. I fail most interviews because of not having any experience, even though in many cases I can easily do the work.

However I realised this contrasts with the monotropism views of autism, which might suggest the opposite. Not really sure, but from my experience the monotropism is more a short-term processing thing. For example we can be pointed at a topic, and we go learn just about that topic forever and only talk about that topic, but don't consider environmental inputs and bother modelling people around us.

Secondly there is the more obvious case of politics, unwritten rules, social mind-games.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2024, 4:48 pm

Sometimes our traits are difficult for others to understand.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2024, 5:10 pm

"We" do all the work while "They" socialize and try to take credit for our efforts.  Then "They" treat us badly when "we" are finally recognized and rewarded.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.