Monsters University

Where the Wild Things Are

Disney's Planes

Disney/Pixar's Cars

Susie the Little Blue Coupe

Sterling Holloway

Animation

Corvidae

Help Find Sparky - a Facebook movement re: a young woman with autism having lost her plush coping item, a Pikachu named Sparky. I feel terrible for her loss. If I thought it would help any, I would send her one of my Dory "clones" to help her be okay until Sparky is recovered. :(

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Quantum
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jan 2014, 8:22 am

Astronomy, Wars and Nature.

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 8:48 am

Computer Science, Logic, Language, History, Programming, Operating Systems, Software, Elder Scrolls, Video-games

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 9:17 am

Knitting and other needle crafts (cross stitching, crochet and tapestry), learning music theory and to play the piano, sharks and shark movies, Norman Wisdom films and other old classics (inc. musicals), carry on films, evolution documentaries (esp those by David Attenborough), Evgeny Kissin and classical music/piano concertos or sonatas, photographing the coast.

I also want to learn to paint and draw and also to work with clay so that I can 1 draw and paint pictures of beautiful blue (the coast/ocean) and 2 make clay models of all known living and extinct species of shark. I have not had time to get around to this yet.

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2014, 9:27 am

Altered states, shamanism, martial arts and carpentry.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 11:19 am

Yaoi anime and embroidery.

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jan 2014, 11:41 am

Artemize wrote:
Oh I'm gonna be taking psychology classes next month:) seems pretty interesting.

You might like these videos if you're interested in psych. The lecture series is called "Human Behavioral Biology" by Robert Sapolsky at Stanford. He covers so many different topics I think I've watched the whole play list at least 3 times :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNnIGh9 ... 68C90DDC3D

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jan 2014, 3:46 pm

Doctor Who, comics and heavy metal music are three special interests that I have had for years and none of them are showing signs of abating anytime soon. Aside from those, my current interests include UK elections, tennis (the Australian Open has got that one going again), left-wing politics, buying organic/ethical products, zoos, theatre shows (been to 2 already this year and have 2 more lined up in the next couple of months) and planning day trips.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 2:31 pm

My hobbies are more like special interests.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 5:48 pm

Peas and pea-like characters, doing paintings with metallic and holographic paints, weaving blankets with a square weaving loom, loom knitting hats and scarves and creating little pea-like sculptures.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 6:21 pm

Camping equipment. Outdoor clothing. Travelling by bicycle to visit my old friends, which is an even better extension of bike touring.

plokijuh
Toucan
Toucan

13 Oct 2019, 6:45 pm

I don't have any at the moment. I am so exhausted I just survive through ea day and then watch tv I'm not even interested in until I fall asleep. I'm not depressed, just exhausted beyond belief.

When I am doing better languages, linguistics and cognitive science. I enjoy analyzing advertising.

AQ: 42 (Scores in the 33-50 range indicate significant Austistic traits)
RAADS-R: 165
RDOS: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 44 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 3:55 pm

Science of attraction and German.

Science of attraction because I love learning about the more animalistic things that control us even though we like to believe we are past it or are in control. The German because someone in my class is really good and I MUST compete with him because he's amazing and I MUST be amazing.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 3:59 pm

lvpin wrote:

Science of attraction because I love learning about the more animalistic things that control us even though we like to believe we are past it or are in control. The German because someone in my class is really good and I MUST compete with him because he's amazing and I MUST be amazing.

You find him attractive?

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 4:41 pm

Cats

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2019, 4:43 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
lvpin wrote:

You find him attractive?

I meant he's amazing at German and I must be amazing by beating him at German because I'm competitive and used to getting the best grades in all my classes. Unfortunately, having not practised for ages I am finding it hard but I will destroy them with skill in the end haha :twisted: . But while I didn't mean for this message to slip through, yes, I unfortunately do also find him attractive.