Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 8:46 am

I am not obsessed with Death, but I am old enough to think about fairly often (75 years old).

ruveyn

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 11:59 am

I never really even thought about death until just a few years ago when I realized something. It will either be totally unexpected, and I won't have done everything I wanted to, or I'll end up lying on a bed in some hospital slowly dieing - and being fully aware of it. I don't know which is worse, it's something I really don't want to think about. I would rather think that by that time technology will be advanced enough to let me live forever. With genetic engineering, it is possible.

MooCow
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2011, 1:52 am

Please be careful, there isn't anything about a near-death experience that's worth dying for (heh) I can tell you that from run-ins with the man in black that there's nothing special about it. Your life doesn't flash before your eyes, there's no tunnel, no dead relatives, no angels singing, no bright lights, and, in my experience, no greater appreciation for life... I haven't experienced any of the things people often associate with almost dying. it's quite boring actually, it's a lot of adrenaline, followed by a calm, peaceful feeling... both of which you can experience without dying or almost dying.

Now as for what comes after death I don't know, no one does... I just know what happens just before you die, and it's not worth it, it's to easy to slip up and actually kill yourself.

but to answer your question, no, I'm not obsessed with it, I've had my fill.